Attack at Guangzhou Train Station

Six injured out of danger in Guangzhou knife attack

Six people injured in a knife attack at a railway station in the southern Chinese metropolis of Guangzhou on Tuesday morning are all out of danger, local police said late Tuesday night.

The male suspect was caught at the scene, but his identity is still unknown, police said.

Police saw people panic at Guangzhou's railway square at 11:22 a.m. Tuesday, and found a man carrying a knife at the center of the confusion.

Warning shots were fired and the man turned on the police who then shot him twice. The suspect is being treated in hospital and out of danger, the Guangzhou municipal public security bureau said in a statement.

China has their nut cases and radical extremists. This just shows if someone wishes to provoke mayhem, injury and death to their fellow man they don't need a gun. Guns are only 600-700 years old. They're just more efficient killing devices and they take away the up close and personal slaughter.

At the main train station in GZ I saw some guys who started following me. I didn't feel safe there. I kept moving and kept a tight grip on my belongings so nothing happened. My wife told me many people get mugged there.