Chinese Firefighter Bravery

I have family who are firefighters. I am not so sure me or them would have done that. With concrete buildings I believe I would have cleared the area and let it burn out. People die from exploding air tanks even. Lighting hitting tanks here are allowed to just burn out, while roads are shut down.

I worked about 4 months in China the last few years on gas wells - out in the boonies. I saw what guys do who are not working with the oversight of OHSA or the protection of accident insurance: they're careful as hell since they're 100% responsible for their survival but utterly undaunted in what they will try. It was always fun seeing what kind of solutions they would rig up and I never got tired of the nearly complete lack of protective gear: guys wearing those cotton slippers to work on rigs, no dust masks, drinking ditch water, creative wire splicing, all kinds of stunts on moving vehicles. Well, if you've been there, you're not surprised to hear this.

So, if that dude is gonna pick up that burning propane tank, that tells me he's seen them burn in all sorts of situations and knows the real do's and don't's of propane tanks.

good vid,

Greg