The CCP on Facebook

I wonder if any of these sites are accessible to the Chinese in China. Anywhere in China? Are there any special free internet access zones? Wasn't there something put in place in Shanghai this year? It will be interesting to see how this all works out. Danb

I wonder if any of these sites are accessible to the Chinese in China. Anywhere in China? Are there any special free internet access zones? Wasn't there something put in place in Shanghai this year? It will be interesting to see how this all works out. Danb

Facebook sites are accessible to anyone in China who can get there. That would be me, and anyone else who has a VPN

If anyone wants to know why you use a VPN, you can point them to these sites and the newsfeed you can get from them. I have been asked what sites I go to, but didn't mention Facebook.

Also this cute little video from a friend.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202997816160922

The zone in Shanghai is a free-trade zone, and had nothing to do with internet access.

Isn't facebook banned in China?

Not banned - just blocked (although some claim it's "illegal"). This, to my way of thinking, would provide the perfect justification for any English speaking laowei for having a VPN - so you can get an English-language news feed directly from the CPC sources.