An Informative Link

This guy has quite a few videos posted on YouTube, dealing with various aspects of Chinese culture and living in China. He also has a few covering relationships between foreigners and Chinese. He has lived in China for about eight years and lives in Shenzhen. His channel has a wide range of topics and I find them both entertaining and informative. I think they may be useful for those who are short on experience with China as well as those who are experienced but seek to deepen their base of understanding. Some of his clips are hilarious at times, but always informative. The guy has over 25,000 subscribers, so he must be doing something right.

I don't always agree with everything he says, but for the most part, I think he is quite knowledgeable about China and his videos are well worth your time. My only complaint is that sometimes he is a bit heavy on the drinking, but I will say he rarely lets that interfere with his videos' quality. The only exception is the one clip where he and a buddy drink 25 beers to celebrate his 25k subrscribers. You will also discover that he drives like a maniac, especially on his motorbikes. Anyway, here is the link:

By the way, his YouTube name is SerpentZa. The girl he meets in the market is his wife, who is called "Beer Girl" in his videos.

Edited by Mick (see edit history)
  • 4 months later...

Here's another from him about McDonald's and the subway trip to get there - fairly mundane, but may be of interest if you want to see those things

We just got a new internet connection - cable, instead of PPPoE Ethernet - which I've been having trouble with ever since the guy left. I was able to watch this video all the way through, though, so maybe it's working now. I thought I could at least share the video with you.

The guy only fried two of my routers - one by resetting it, the other by plugging the 110 volt only adapter into a 220 volt socket. I should have insisted he stay away from it and just get his own stuff working. It looks like we'll get slightly slower top speed, but much more consistent performance, assuming we don't have any more trouble.