Problem receiving my tax returns

I am still waiting for my tax returns from the IRS and it has been almost 4 months. I have tried to access my tax transcripts online, but it is not working for me.

My co-sponsor has included her past 3 tax returns with the I-864. Does this mean I don't need to show mine as well? Would my wife's visa be automatically denied without my last 3 years tax returns? I feel like time is running out and I am feeling stressed about this.

I am still waiting for my tax returns from the IRS and it has been almost 4 months. I have tried to access my tax transcripts online, but it is not working for me.

My co-sponsor has included her past 3 tax returns with the I-864. Does this mean I don't need to show mine as well? Would my wife's visa be automatically denied without my last 3 years tax returns? I feel like time is running out and I am feeling stressed about this.

????

Did you not keep copies ???

We place FAR too much importance on getting the transcripts when the originals serve exactly the same purpose.

You have this years return, right ?? Your tax returns are of lesser importance if you're relying on the primary sponsors income. Submit what you have - they'll RFE for anything they need from you.

Note he is the primary sponsor, co sponsor is joint sponsor.

Anyway yes provide copies of the original 1040 and any W2 and/or 1099

I have copies of the tax forms I filled out that I sent to the IRS. Is this good enough? For some reason, I thought I needed an official transcript copy from the IRS. Is this not so?

I have been waiting for the transcripts to be mailed to my address in China, and it is taking longer than anticipated.

Thanks again guys.

I have copies of the tax forms I filled out that I sent to the IRS. Is this good enough? For some reason, I thought I needed an official transcript copy from the IRS. Is this not so?

I have been waiting for the transcripts to be mailed to my address in China, and it is taking longer than anticipated.

Thanks again guys.

There is no reason whatsoever to wait for the transcripts

Thanks again guys.

One note about the transcripts being mailed to you in China. In the past I called the IRS (errrr, I think it was the IRS, whatever the help phone number was associated with acquiring these transcripts....this was 3 or 4 years ago) to have the transcripts sent directly to me here in China. The lady said no problem, took my address, and said I should receive them soon.

About a month later I got an email from my parents stating the tax transcripts arrived at their home (as I use their address as my 'home address' while I've been in China all these years) - transcripts ended up be mailed there and not to me here in China.

So, if you are expecting the transcripts to be mailed to you directly here in China from the IRS, perhaps it would be best to check in with your "home" (the address you used to file your taxes) back in the US to see if they've been sent there.

Hope that makes sense.

Dan~

You may want to read the instructions for form I-864

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864Taxes.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-864Tax.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

When ChunMei was scheduled for her interview I still hadn't filed my 2011 taxes because I hadn't received all of the necessary paperwork from one of my brokerage accounts. I ended up filing a day before her interview, and then faxed the completed return to her at her hotel in Guangzhou. She got it about 2 hours before her interview, but had no problems.