Malaysia to China plane missing (MH-370)

Guest ExChinaExpat

Malaysia Airlines MH370 searchers scramble ships after commercial flight reports debris field off Vietnam

tinypic bit the bucket

Vietnam’s Maritime Search and Rescue Services was scrambling ships to a debris field after a commercial Cathay Pacific airliner Monday en route to Hong Kong reported a “large amount of metal debris”.

A vessel in the area confirmed material was floating in the ocean about 92 kilometres off the southeastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea. The debris is located about 520 kilometres northeast of a missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370′s last known radar position.

http://news.national...ow-for-efforts/

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

you know, it is possible, though I understand not likely, the 2 fuel streaks are so long because the jet was just pumping out fuel while it was going to make the illusion of crash site.

The instant disappearance is due to turning off equipment rather than instant destruction.

The "turn around" was a turn off course as the radar was turned off.

I hope, that it will turn into a demand for money, and the people on board are still alive somewhere.

That is my hope until proven otherwise.

Ransom is way cheaper than a loss of so many innocent lives.

This would definitely be the best course of events. But there are signals constantly being pinged that the pilots can't turn off. Also they would have showed up on radar at some point. I hope you are right.

http://shanghaiist.com/2014/03/11/breaking_stolen_passport.php

If we have learned anything from the MH370 saga so far, it must be to distrust first reports of information (and that many people travel on stolen passports, and that there are many, many oil slicks and miscellaneous flotsam between Malaysia and Vietnam). We will post further updates as they develop.

Some interesting observations posted at The Natural News.

• Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

No explosion from the plane itself can destroy the black box recorders. They are bomb-proof structures that hold digital recordings of cockpit conversations as well as detailed flight data and control surface data.
  • Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

Yet the black box from this particular incident hasn't been detected at all. That's why investigators are having such trouble finding it. Normally, they only need to "home in" on the black box transmitter signal. But in this case, the absence of a signal means the black box itself -- an object designed to survive powerful explosions -- has either vanished, malfunctioned or been obliterated by some powerful force beyond the worst fears of aircraft design engineers.
  • Fact #3: Many parts of destroyed aircraft are naturally bouyant and will float in water

In past cases of aircraft destroyed over the ocean or crashing into the ocean, debris has always been spotted floating on the surface of the water. That's because -- as you may recall from the safety briefing you've learned to ignore -- "your seat cushion may be used as a flotation device."

Yes, seat cushions float. So do many other non-metallic aircraft parts. If Flight 370 was brought down by an explosion of some sort, there would be massive debris floating on the ocean, and that debris would not be difficult to spot. The fact that it has not yet been spotted only adds to the mystery of how Flight 370 appears to have literally vanished from the face of the Earth.
  • Fact #4: If a missile destroyed Flight 370, the missile would have left a radar signature

One theory currently circulating on the 'net is that a missile brought down the airliner, somehow blasting the aircraft and all its contents to "smithereens" -- which means very tiny pieces of matter that are undetectable as debris.

The problem with this theory is that there exists no known ground-to-air or air-to-air missile with such a capability. All known missiles generate tremendous debris when they explode on target. Both the missile and the debris produce very large radar signatures which would be easily visible to both military vessels and air traffic authorities.
  • Fact #5: The location of the aircraft when it vanished is not a mystery

Air traffic controllers have full details of almost exactly where the aircraft was at the moment it vanished. They know the location, elevation and airspeed -- three pieces of information which can readily be used to estimate the likely location of debris.

Remember: air safety investigators are not stupid people. They've seen mid-air explosions before, and they know how debris falls. There is already a substantial data set of airline explosions and crashes from which investigators can make well-educated guesses about where debris should be found. And yet, even armed with all this experience and information, they remain totally baffled on what happened to Flight 370.
  • Fact #6: If Flight 370 was hijacked, it would not have vanished from radar

Hijacking an airplane does not cause it to simply vanish from radar. Even if transponders are disabled on the aircraft, ground radar can still readily track the location of the aircraft using so-called "passive" radar (classic ground-based radar systems that emit a signal and monitor its reflection).

Thus, the theory that the flight was hijacked makes no sense whatsoever. When planes are hijacked, they do not magically vanish from radar.

Conclusion: Flight 370 did not explode; it vanished

The inescapable conclusion from what we know so far is that Flight 370 seems to have utterly and inexplicably vanished. It clearly was not hijacked (unless there is a cover-up regarding the radar data), and we can all be increasingly confident by the hour that this was not a mid-air explosion (unless debris suddenly turns up that they've somehow missed all along).

The inescapable conclusion is that Flight 370 simply vanished in some way that we do not yet understand. This is what is currently giving rise to all sorts of bizarre-sounding theories across the 'net, including discussions of possible secret military weapons tests, Bermuda Triangle-like ripples in the fabric of spacetime, and even conjecture that non-terrestrial (alien) technology may have teleported the plane away.

Personally, I'm not buying any of that without a lot more evidence. The most likely explanation so far is that the debris simply hasn't been found yet because it fell over an area which is somehow outside the search zone. But as each day goes by, even this explanation becomes harder and harder to swallow.

The frightening part about all this is not that we will find the debris of Flight 370; but rather that we won't. If we never find the debris, it means some entirely new, mysterious and powerful force is at work on our planet which can pluck airplanes out of the sky without leaving behind even a shred of evidence.

If there does exist a weapon with such capabilities, whoever controls it already has the ability to dominate all of Earth's nations with a fearsome military weapon of unimaginable power. That thought is a lot more scary than the idea of an aircraft suffering a fatal mechanical failure.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/044244_Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370_vanished.html

BREAKING NEWS

The Malaysian military is now confirming that they tracked MH370 into the Malacca Strait. Hundreds of miles off course.

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/malaysian-military-now-reveals-it-tracked-mh370-to-malacca-straits

Kind of supports the statement that the plane reversed course, and overflew Malaysia.

Guest ExChinaExpat

BREAKING NEWS

The Malaysian military is now confirming that they tracked MH370 into the Malacca Strait. Hundreds of miles off course.

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/malaysian-military-now-reveals-it-tracked-mh370-to-malacca-straits

Kind of supports the statement that the plane reversed course, and overflew Malaysia.

More likely that the plane was deliberately taken to a location unknown now, probably Indonesia, by the pilots, and those in control will seek release of muslim prisoners in China.

Boy , I am confused. And according to this article ( see this CNN link) apparently I am not the only one:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

The plane was missing for about 6 to 8 hours until we started to hear anything at all that it was missing. You would think that a lot of red flags should have been raised at hour two. Then there were reports that it was lost over China. Perhaps even that it had landed in Nanming. And then over the next few days it was thought to be near the southern tip of Vietnam. "No wait" then it was somewhere over nearer the Gulf of Thailand. And then we heard it had turned around and flew back over Malaysia and was over the straits of Malacca and landed on a small island. Ahh well, maybe they didn't land there instead they were on the way to indonesia.

I am not sure if I got the sequenced right. It has been so confusing. The story keeps changing. I guess I am not the only one. In that article it said that Vietnam was complaining:

" Phan Quy Tieu, Vietnam's vice minister of transportation, said the information Malaysian officials provided was "insufficient."

China was also asking that the relatives be given more information. Information is being given out and then it is retracted or revised. Now, I read that India has been requested to aid in search operations. The search field seems to be rapidly expanded.

Does anyone remember Paul Harvey? If he was still around I wonder how he would tell us about "The rest of the story." Danb "Good Day!!"

I wanted to post a video of Paul Harvey but was sure how to. So I am just posting a couple of links. I always liked listening to his program. Such a memorable voice and always it was interesting how he would pause. Paul Harvey's talk link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhCG0Nt7wXs

I tried editing this post but was getting some google errors when I tried to save the changes. Maybe a moderator can help me out. Thank You.

Edited by danb (see edit history)

I tried editing this post but was getting some google errors when I tried to save the changes. Maybe a moderator can help me out. Thank You.

Help you what? If there was anything else you wanted to post, try putting it into a second post.

Help you what? If there was anything else you wanted to post, try putting it into a second post.

Yep, put in second post, indicate what needs to be changed in first post, we can make the changes to first post and even merge first to second post if needed.

Videos are limited to two per post though.

"The directive, first drawn up in September, was approved in February and was due to take effect on April 9."

FAA Warned of 'Cracking and Corrosion' Problem on Boeing 777s

BY ALASTAIR JAMIESON

A cracking and corrosion problem on Boeing 777s that could lead to the mid-air break-up of the aircraft prompted a warning from air safety regulators weeks before the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, federal records show.

The Federal Aviation Administration ordered checks on hundreds of U.S.-registered 777s after reports of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a satellite antenna.

In an airworthiness directive, it said the extra checks were needed “to detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage skin, which could lead to rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity of the airplane.”

The directive, first drawn up in September, was approved in February and was due to take effect on April 9.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/faa-warned-cracking-corrosion-problem-boeing-777s-n50591