Thanks for the reply. My wife and I are really excited after a very long wait for the I-130 due to the "backlog" created by processing the illegals. Two follow-up questions:

How long will I be able to convert to EP after the request? Do I wait for the confirmation before submitting documents?

I read on VJ that in the IV submittal, people scan FRONT and BACK of the passport photo and submit TWICE to avoid the checklist, really(?) It seems a little overboard what are your experiences?

Thanks.

Edited by jonathantwu (see edit history)

Any and all documents should be two sided scanned even if blank, photos should have name written on backside, usually light with a pencil.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dan I always liked your post #2 here. THANKS.

What is confusing about the process is it seems one could scan in and submit the I-864 and support material, if one reads ahead that is.

What is confusing about the process is it seems one could scan in and submit the I-864 and support material, if one reads ahead that is.

Yes, I'm pretty sure a number of people have reported doing that - the actual hardcopy will need to be submitted at the interview, unless they request it earlier.

From reading NVC site last night, it looks like there is no more "Opt In step" You run with the GUZ number and email documents to them.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html#GroupB

From reading NVC site last night, it looks like there is no more "Opt In step" You run with the GUZ number and email documents to them.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html#GroupB

They may switch you over to a GZO number automatically, or may have simply left off the 'OPT-IN/ENROLL' step out of the directions - watch for feedback on this (i.e., someone actually going through that step). They do still have directions for someone with a GZO number to submit documents, but the 'OPT-IN/ENROLL' directions are no longer there.

But yes, it seems to me that conversion to a GZO file number is an unnecessary step - hopefully, they're streamlining a little bit.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Yeah I will have to see, with AOS mailed, and Application scanned. It says once you start one you can't switch.

Maybe I'm screwed. Sorry, I have no optimism when it comes to this anymore. Hated to do it a second time, then............got angry. So, I tunr away emotion.