Dan I always liked your post #2 here. THANKS.

What is confusing about the process is it seems one could scan in and submit the I-864 and support material, if one reads ahead that is.

From reading NVC site last night, it looks like there is no more "Opt In step" You run with the GUZ number and email documents to them.

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html#GroupB

They may switch you over to a GZO number automatically, or may have simply left off the 'OPT-IN/ENROLL' step out of the directions - watch for feedback on this (i.e., someone actually going through that step). They do still have directions for someone with a GZO number to submit documents, but the 'OPT-IN/ENROLL' directions are no longer there.

But yes, it seems to me that conversion to a GZO file number is an unnecessary step - hopefully, they're streamlining a little bit.

Someone on VJ reported that they were informed that the 'OPT-IN/ENROLL' step is no longer necessary and the file numbers are no longer converted to 'GZO'.