Supporting Documents for DS-260

Quick question. I have everything all scanned and ready for sending via email to NVC for the supporting docs for the DS-260. Can I send multiple emails or does it have to be one email? I have several larger PDF files to send (photos, insurance papers, etc.). I know if I try to attach all of them and send them in one it probably won't send. Thoughts? Experience? THANKS!

I will point out, relationship is not being questioned in the case of a child immigrant. I would only send NVC exactly what they are requesting.

• Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page
  • Photographs (2 identical passport photos)
  • Birth Certificate + Translation
  • Marriage Certificate ( To establish how petitioner (Mother) Changed name)
  • Police Certificates (Probably will need one from England, as well as the one from China)

I scan similar things often to PDF file size for an 8 page scan like this would probably be at most 1 to 2 meg easily sent as an attachment.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

Thanks Dan! As for my wife (Petitoner) changing her name, she didn't. So I'm assuming we don't need that. But I was told that NVC requires the applicant to show that the relationship is indeed a mother daughter relationship. We sent all this when we first sent in the I-130, but thought we had to send it again. Not true? It says on the CGI Stanley site....

EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
The visa applicant is required to provide evidence of his/her relationship with the petitioner. Evidence of a
relationship typically includes, but is not limited to, photographs taken with the petitioner, phone records, letters,
money transmittal records, household registration, and school records.
Edited by MarcRosie (see edit history)

Some of this "Evidence of relationship" is for spouse visa cases, to establish a bonafide marital relationship, not a sham marriage for immigration only.

Considering that note, I would probably attach a photo, the birth cert establishes relationship, if you sent her money for support, then perhaps copies of the money transfers, I would also attach household registration, if it lists mother and daughter on it.

But, the notes on the CGI site have more to do with in country (DCF) filing for a spouse visa petition, not a petition that was filed in ste states, and dealing with NVC, I would follow NVC's instructions not CGI-Stanley.

Quick question. I have everything all scanned and ready for sending via email to NVC for the supporting docs for the DS-260. Can I send multiple emails or does it have to be one email? I have several larger PDF files to send (photos, insurance papers, etc.). I know if I try to attach all of them and send them in one it probably won't send. Thoughts? Experience? THANKS!

But I'm pretty sure you CAN send more than one email if you DO decide to break it up like that.

Thanks guys!! So Dan...do you use a specific program to crunch down pdf's? I used Photoshop as it allows you to create files with multiple pages under one file name, but even if I go in and crunch the size down to 72dpi, even the House Registry is going to be 3.5MB. Not to mention all the other files for birth certificate, police records. My email program doesn't like anything over a few MB.

I sent multiple emails to NVC on our case. No way was I gonna get everything fit into a single email.

Good luck, you should be fine.

tsap seui

I would go to local Fed-ex store, staples, office max or UPS store, have them scan the documents to a PDF.

I have access to a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner place a stack in it and it scans both sides directly to compressed PDF but that scanner prices in the 300 to 500 range.