Shirley Temple Passes

Thomas Promise

Shirley Temple was America's top box-office draw from 1935 to 1938, a record no other child star has come near. She beat out such grown-ups as Clark Gable, Bing Crosby, Robert Taylor, Gary Cooper and Joan Crawford.

Temple blossomed into a pretty young woman, but audiences lost interest, and she retired from films at 21. She raised a family and later became active in politics and held several diplomatic posts in Republican administrations, including ambassador to Czechoslovakia during the historic collapse of communism in 1989.

Her last movie was with future President Ronald Reagan. She was 85. RIP America's Sweetheart and may God have mercy on your soul.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hamilton/obituary.aspx?n=shirley-temple&pid=169632179

I agree Thomas, those folks touched the lives of many people and gave us some extreme joy, laughter, and happiness. We are fortunate to have seen their work.

tsap seui

I saw a touching interview last week. Mel Brookes talking about the genius of Sid Caesar. I didn't post it and had no clue Sid would depart the building just a day or two afterwards.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)