The only place I can think of is the red number printed on it and only find it in passport book. Nothing on line to look this up.

My wife still has her old passport with it, and a new passport from after renewing a couple years ago.

If for some reason it was lost after replacing a passport, then note lost or unknown

Thanks Dan! Do you think it would be a negative on the DS-260 to have it listed as a visa she had received but you don't list the number on the 260 where it asks for it? We'll have the passport in a few weeks but don't want to wait to submit the 260 online. As it is now, I just said 'Unknown'.

Also, it seems like when she has her interview, they're going to ask why she's going this route and didn't go through with the K2/green card when she had it back in 2010. She can explain, or would it help to have her mother/I write a letter explaining it exactly? She could take this to the interview. Or we could send it with the supporting documents (Birth Certificate, etc.) that we have to send.

She should be able to explain what happened to the K-2, simply a case of bad lawyer advice back then saying it would be OK to return to college in England before adjusting status, the IO should understand this, it happens.

Yes she could simply bring a letter to the interview to turn in.

No, indicating having a visa before but not knowing it's number should pose no issue on the DS-260.