Fixed wrong consulate issue, what's next?

Sorry to stick my nose in here but had a question about the I-864. They finally got around to changing the LND to GUZ for my wife's daughters paperwork. So we'll pay the $230. My question is do I need to send in the I-864 now, or will NVC tell us when to do this. You said something about the P3. If you could clarify that would be great. THANKS!!

Sorry to stick my nose in here but had a question about the 864. They finally got around to changing the LND to GUZ for my wife's daughters paperwork. So we'll pay the $230. My question is do I need to send in the 864 now, or will NVC tell us when to do this. You said something about the P3. If you could clarify that would be great. THANKS!!

Has your daughter filed a DS-261 designating you as agent? Should do that now.

NVC will then instruct you to send or email the I-864.

See: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/family-preference.html#6

After this then opt in to electronic process to speed up processing.

See my post in your other thread http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46500-changed-location-of-interview/

Yep already did the DS-261 and paid the $88 AOS fee. Now I'm assuming we need to pay the $230 processing fee for the visa and then NVC will send the request for the 864? Thanks!

From DOS:

Next Steps - After Fee Payment:

After you have paid the required Affidavit of Support fee, petitioners should follow the detailed instructions in Establish Financial Support.

Then, after you have paid the required Immigrant Visa Processing fee, follow the detailed instructions in Submit Visa Application and Supporting Documents.

The order is pay the $88, then send then the I-864, after that pay the $230, and then send then the beneficiary documents like police cert, birth cert etc...

For Guangzhou, you should email them to opt in to electronic process and once having GZO number, pay the fee and scan and email the beneficiary documents, this can save you months of the delay caused when NVC ground ships a GUZ case file to the consulate this gets caught up in a long customs delay, opting in to electronic process eliminates the customs delay.

See: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html#GroupB

Thanks Dan! Of course though...question. Do we have to send the AOS's (I-864 for my wife and the I-864A for me since my wife is unemployed but is the sponsor...it will be my salary it will be based on) first? Or can we make the payment and then send the 864's?

my wife is unemployed but is the sponsor...it will be my salary it will be based on

Never heard of someone sponsoring them self for a visa.

Possible red flag or did i miss part of the story?

Thanks Dan! Of course though...question. Do we have to send the AOS's (I-864 for my wife and the I-864A for me since my wife is unemployed but is the sponsor...it will be my salary it will be based on) first? Or can we make the payment and then send the 864's?

my wife is unemployed but is the sponsor...it will be my salary it will be based on

LPR Wife is sponsoring unmarried child under age 21 because marriage took place after age 18.

Long story short, bad lawyer said it was OK for their K-2 child to return to England where she was studying before adjusting status, thus they needed to file a new I-130 petition for child after K-1 wife got her green-card because US Citizen was not able to file petition for step-child.

LPR Wife is sponsoring unmarried child under age 21 because marriage took place after age 18.

Long story short, bad lawyer said it was OK for their K-2 child to return to England where she was studying before adjusting status, thus they needed to file a new I-130 petition for child after K-1 wife got her green-card because US Citizen was not able to file petition for step-child.

Understand, I must have missed that thread, Sorry!!