Question about materials needed at interview

Dear CFL Members,

Thrilled to hear from GUZ today, one month after receiving our I-130 approval notice from Beijing!!

We are preparing to hop online and complete / submit the DS-260 and head to CITIC to send the required materials.

Here is my question:

Does my Chinese National Husband (CNH) need MY passport when he eventually goes to GUZ for his interview?

I ask because I just saw a checklist posted elsewhere where this was included and it gave me pause.

I've already secured a job in the US and will be heading there next month to start. The idea has always been that I will go ahead and CNH will follow as soon as we complete the DCF process. We already have all of the various materials together and a place rented in the States. I thought a copy of my passport info page was all that was needed.

Of course, if I need to, I will DHL him my passport before his appointment in GUZ when we finally get it scheduled.

But I don't want to do this unnecessarily.

Thanks for all your help.

D

Dear CFL Members,

Thrilled to hear from GUZ today, one month after receiving our I-130 approval notice from Beijing!!

We are preparing to hop online and complete / submit the DS-260 and head to CITIC to send the required materials.

Here is my question:

Does my Chinese National Husband (CNH) need MY passport when he eventually goes to GUZ for his interview?

I ask because I just saw a checklist posted elsewhere where this was included and it gave me pause.

I've already secured a job in the US and will be heading there next month to start. The idea has always been that I will go ahead and CNH will follow as soon as we complete the DCF process. We already have all of the various materials together and a place rented in the States. I thought a copy of my passport info page was all that was needed.

Of course, if I need to, I will DHL him my passport before his appointment in GUZ when we finally get it scheduled.

But I don't want to do this unnecessarily.

Thanks for all your help.

D

Having YOUR passport there at the interview can serve as proof that you are in the building.

Some applicants have been to place a stack of paperwork on the counter, with their spouse's passport at the top, front and center in full view - just for emphasis.

No, it is not needed.

Being in the U.S. to establish your domicile and prepare for the move may be the better strategy for a DCF.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1