Does my joint sponsor need to send her 2013 tax returns with her I-864 form? She doesn't plan on finishing her 2013 returns until April.

Also, does anyone know if my joint sponsor needs to be a family member?

In the instructions it doesn't say anything about providing pay stubs. Some people on this forum said pay stubs were necessary. Which is it?

No, not expected beforetax deadline, however if interview falls after tax day they can ask for most curent years return.

No, joint sponsor can be a friend.

Note, I-864 not needed when starting petition it is needed at P3 interview time.

Does my joint sponsor need to send her 2013 tax returns with her I-864 form? She doesn't plan on finishing her 2013 returns until April.

Also, does anyone know if my joint sponsor needs to be a family member?

In the instructions it doesn't say anything about providing pay stubs. Some people on this forum said pay stubs were necessary. Which is it?

Pay stubs provide evidence of current income. The income tax returns show last year's income. You may submit them or not - your choice. If they are required by the consulate, you will be notified, usually by way of a blue slip.

read the I-864 instructions under Sponsor's Income and Employment. "You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official." - referring to pay stub(s) specifically.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)