Southern California Earthquake

Thomas Promise

Guest ExChinaExpat

No biggie. Nice long slow rocker. :)

I lived in CA during the 50s and 60s and remember many little shakes. Fortunately the strongest I ever experienced was 5.8. Many store shelves were emptied and several houses had minor damage. Anything less than a 5.0 hardly produces any sensation at all. Most people won't even know it unless they read the news.

Edited by GuangDongExpat (see edit history)

No biggie. Nice long slow rocker. :)

I lived in CA during the 50s and 60s and remember many little shakes. Fortunately the strongest I ever experienced was 5.8. Many store shelves were emptied and several houses had minor damage. Anything less than a 5.0 hardly produces any sensation at all. Most people won't even know it unless they read the news.

You are so right. I've live in CA all my life and some of my earliest memories are when of mom and dad sat us kids down on the hallway floor while the house shook like crazy. That was the Kern County quake in 1952.

A girlfriend and I had her friend from Jersey staying with us when the Northridge quake hit. Her friend was petrified and told us that she thought she was going to die and could not understand how nonchalant we were when we casually walked over to the table to catch a coffee cup before it spilled onto the floor while the house felt like it was going to collapse. :lol: