US Travel Docs Site

Guest ExChinaExpat

Guest ExChinaExpat

I've filed for K1 early last month and now waiting for approval. The process has changed and now I see a lot of talk about the US travel docs website. A couple of questions:

1. When should one sign up on the traveldocs website? Before NOA2 or?

2. What information is required to sign up?

1. After NOA-2 when directed by US Consulate Guangzhou.

2. Go and check I out. http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/index.html

You can signup using an email address, we did not long ago when tryinv for a visit visa for MIL

Guest ExChinaExpat

2. Go and check I out.

Thanks Dan. I assumed that one would not even be able to sign up on US Travel Docs until after the approval and notification by the consulate. But, I became confused by posts that indicated the importance of signing up early. Perhaps the posts are directed at those who delay signing after notification, either because they lack pro-active skills or they are confused.

Yes, I looked at it a few times, but the information about when to sign up is not specific. By specific, I was not able to find a specific statement on the home page that states in plain English: "After your visa is approved and you are contacted by the US consulate, you must sign up and register on this website to continue your visa process"

I'm a big fan of clear and plain English like that.

2. Go and check I out.

Thanks Dan. I assumed that one would not even be able to sign up on US Travel Docs until after the approval and notification by the consulate. But, I became confused by posts that indicated the importance of signing up early. Perhaps the posts are directed at those who delay signing after notification, either because they lack pro-active skills or they are confused.

Yes, I looked at it a few times, but the information about when to sign up is not specific. By specific, I was not able to find a specific statement on the home page that states in plain English: "After your visa is approved and you are contacted by the US consulate, you must sign up and register on this website to continue your visa process"

I'm a big fan of clear and plain English like that.

You WON'T be a fan of the USTraveldocs web site at all.

Yes that site frustrated us when trying to pay a visa fee, we needed a CGI number to pay at CITIC Bank the fee and it took us some time to figure out where the link to the number was, it was not clear.

Incidentally the same government contractor CGI Stanley did the ACA site, and we all saw in the news how well that site worked.