Is it okay to delay the interview for several months?

We received notification to schedule the physical and interview yesterday.

As my wife is pregnant, and the physical mandates an x-ray and several vaccinations, we've decided it best to wait until after the baby is born before continuing.

We're looking at waiting until late April before scheduling these last two steps.

Will this reflect negatively at all on our case?

We needed to change our interview date due to our son's high school studies. It was no problem. As much as I despise the State Department I've gotta say, for us, the consulate was more than accommodating.....then again, they are the bastards that made us wait almost 5 years to be able to live together in America....they owed us.

Good luck

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

No, it will not affect case, they will hold the case typically up to a year for you to schedule the interview.

You can contact the consulate by email explain the delay and they should reply back holding case.

You may be required to get another police report.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

I believe there may be exceptions for vaccinations and xrays for pregnant women.

We've called all of the centers and asked about this. They're telling us that everything is mandatory.

I stand corrected. I got this from the consulate website.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) mandates that women who are both pregnant and required to have a medical examination in connection with the issuance of a visa must have a chest x-ray examination conducted. Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields for pregnant women receiving chest radiographs. If you do not want to have an X-ray while pregnant you can wait until after the birth of your child, but you can not be issued a US Immigrant Visa until you have an X-ray and complete the medical examination.

I read that, too. Quite awhile ago, actually. The issue was that I received conflicting advice and believed we may be able to make due without.

We'll have two months between the birth of the baby and our date of departure. This should be enough time to get everything squared away.