How will physical evaluate absence of vaccination record?

My wife has had all standard vaccinations. However, as her hometown hospital did not keep medical records, she has no proof.

What are our options regarding the medical?

I have read a few people discuss the titer test. I imagine the doctors can use the blood they'll take to test for the relevant antibodies and then be done with it?

Anyone have any personal experience?

My wife is almost eight months pregnant, so a new round of vaccinations is not an option at this stage.

My wife simply got re-vaccinated with the required vaccines, any two part vaccinations only need the first part done for the interview, and the second part can be done later in the states.

But i see your issue, they won't issue a spouse visa unless showing proof of vaccination.

8 months, can you reschedule interview for after child birth and then get the vaccinations done? You would also register the birth abroad, and get a Passport for the child to come to the USA.

If you are not yet to interview appointment time and have not yet responded to P3, you can simply delay P3 response till after child birth.

You may wish to look into it

From the USCIS

Q. I am pregnant and do not wish to receive any vaccinations. Do I still have to get them to be able to obtain permanent resident status in the United States?
A. If you are pregnant, the CDC's Technical Instructions direct the civil surgeon how to evaluate the vaccines you are able to receive during pregnancy. If the civil surgeon cannot safely administer a required vaccine, he/she will annotate the Form I-693 by marking the vaccine as contraindicated. See link to the right for information on pregnancy and vaccinations in general.

CDC -Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women

Thanks again for your responses. I really appreciate everyone's time.

My wife simply got re-vaccinated with the required vaccines

Did she also lack proof of all vaccinations? If so, did she have to redo all the vaccinations?

If you are not yet to interview appointment time and have not yet responded to P3, you can simply delay P3 response till after child birth.

From what I've read, P3 is supposed to be a packet which we receive via snail mail. However, we've only received online instructions.

In fact, throughout the whole process nothing has been mailed to us. We DCFed in Beijing, received email notification to complete the DS-260 online, snail-mailed off some supplementary materials, and just received the email notification to do the medical and schedule the interview yesterday. I'm waiting to clear up this vaccination issue before scheduling the interview.

Edited by kdavid3 (see edit history)

From what I've read, P3 is supposed to be a packet which we receive via snail mail. However, we've only received online instructions.

In fact, throughout the whole process nothing has been mailed to us. We DCFed in Beijing, received email notification to complete the DS-260 online, snail-mailed off some supplementary materials, and just received the email notification to do the medical and schedule the interview yesterday. I'm waiting to clear up this vaccination issue before scheduling the interview.

We didn't receive any snail mail P3, only the email notification to proceed with scheduling the interview. This was in October. I believe the only snail mail we received in the entire process was acceptance of the I-130. Also, any materials we sent were sent through CITIC Bank, not snail mail.

Make sure you check with the local PSB for the policy on the baby getting out of the country. The rules seem to be different depending on your location.

Thanks for your concern and the heads-up. However, this is our second child. We've already taken my son out of the country once, so we're familiar with the process.

It was a pain in the butt here as the only person who issues the exit visa wanted a bribe. Fortunately, I had someone who could go over her head and get it done properly.

Make sure you check with the local PSB for the policy on the baby getting out of the country. The rules seem to be different depending on your location.

Thanks for your concern and the heads-up. However, this is our second child. We've already taken my son out of the country once, so we're familiar with the process.

It was a pain in the butt here as the only person who issues the exit visa wanted a bribe. Fortunately, I had someone who could go over her head and get it done properly.

Be sure to check out ama537621's thread about his experience - apparently, they're not issuing exit visas anymore. He had to get a 'pro-forma' visa in the child's Chinese passport.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46311-new-policy-for-chinese-born-baby-for-exit/

Thank you for pointing that out Randy.

When the time comes, I'll contact my friend who told me this wasn't necessary and insisted I just get two entry/exit books. She was very adamant that the exit/entry books would suffice. We'll see what happens then, and I'll update everyone at that time.

The main thing I'm concerned about is the possibility of having to get two hukous; one for a newborn, one for a five-year-old.