Hello Everyone. I have been trying to log in (from China) into my Credit Union account that is based in the states. In it title it has the words: American Eagle Credit Union. Well I had tried about 10-15 times at various times of the day. No luck. I was sure that it was being screened for some reason. I was wrong. I tried different search engines, Google Chrome and Yahoo. I tried different time of days. No luck. I then tried different variations of the words. Perhaps they don't like American federal or some other variations. That does not seem to be the cause. I was able to access other sites with similar titles. So now what? Danb

PS : I was able to access this site on my last trip. I do have a new Laptop that is running Windows 8. And I can access my BoA account on it.

Most ex-pats living in China use a VPN or proxy to access the web.

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/5356/5-best-vpns-in-china/

Check out topics tagged "Great Firewall" http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Great%2BFirewall/

Hello Guys, Thank you for the suggestions. I thought that the American Eagle Federal Credit union/home/home was going to do the trick because it wasn't faulting out quickly. A site did come up and on a good day it would be a good site. The credit union for Budweiser workers. I made a mistake when I wrote my post. I forgot the word Federal. The site should be American Eagle Federal Credit Union. When I googled those words it is the first selection that is on my list. When I click on it I get the same results. No good. I tried using /home/home after the name. Same results. I tried with my smart phone and with my tablet also Same results. I tried several different browers. Same results. I will try it on a different server when I have access to one. I read the link on VPN's. I never paid much attention to the post about VPN's. I never saw a need for one. Maybe I was wrong. When I get back home and before my next trip to China I will see about signing up for one. I am assuming that I can't sign for one when I am in China, correct? Thanks again. Danb

Hello Guys, Thank you for the suggestions. I thought that the American Eagle Federal Credit union/home/home was going to do the trick because it wasn't faulting out quickly. A site did come up and on a good day it would be a good site. The credit union for Budweiser workers. I made a mistake when I wrote my post. I forgot the word Federal. The site should be American Eagle Federal Credit Union. When I googled those words it is the first selection that is on my list. When I click on it I get the same results. No good. I tried using /home/home after the name. Same results. I tried with my smart phone and with my tablet also Same results. I tried several different browers. Same results. I will try it on a different server when I have access to one. I read the link on VPN's. I never paid much attention to the post about VPN's. I never saw a need for one. Maybe I was wrong. When I get back home and before my next trip to China I will see about signing up for one. I am assuming that I can't sign for one when I am in China, correct? Thanks again. Danb

It's unclear why you would have any trouble or what errors you are seeing. https://www.americaneagle.org/Home.aspx is accessible from here.

What do you see when you click on that link? What do you see when you click on this - https://66.29.217.20/Home.aspx ?

Randy, I get a light blue screen with a small square unhappy face and a message that says:

This webpage is not availableReload More.

And when I click on more I get:

Google Chrome's connection attempt to www.americaneagle.org was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Check your Internet connection.
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings...> LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
Before I left the states I accessed the the site and cut and pasted the Https. link.. When I use that link I get the same error message as I do when I try to access thru Google.
I don't know. Maybe I should try to call back to the states. I wish I could contact my CU by email but I need ti gain access to there site first. A catch 22 situation. Danb.

Their contact information

Member Contact Center Local Phone Number. . . 860.568.2020, ext. 5101 Toll-Free Phone Number. . . 800.842.0145, ext. 5101 Loan Phone Center Local Phone Number. . . 860.568.2020, ext. 5111 Toll-Free Phone Number. . . 800.842.0145, ext. 5111 Member Contact Center Hours / Loan Phone Center Hours. . . Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays. . . 8:00am to 5:00pm Thursdays. . . 8:00am to 6:30pm Saturdays. . . 8:30am to 12:30pm General Telephone. . . Local Phone Number. . . 860.568.2020 Toll-Free Phone Number. . . 800.842.0145 24-Hour Telephone Banking (Command Call). . . Local Phone Number. . .. . . 860.568.3802 Toll-Free Phone Number. . . 800.843.1151 Mortgage Servicing Center Toll-Free Phone Number. . . 1.877.495.4717 E-mail info@americaneagle.org Mailing Address 417 Main Street
East Hartford, CT 06118 Loan Department Extensions. . . Consumer Loans. . . ext. 5111 Home Equity Loans. . . ext. 5106 Mortgage Origination. . . ext. 5106 Mortgage Servicing. . . ext. 5107 VISA®. . . ext. 5105 Main Office Fax Numbers. . . Human Resources. . . 860.633.1865 Loans. . . 888.338.6759 Loan Processing. . . 888.338.6761 Member Contact Center . . . 860.569.5541 Member Services. . . 860.569.5547 Mortgages. . . 860.569.5535 VISA®. . .

I thought that the American Eagle Federal Credit union/home/home was going to do the trick because it wasn't faulting out quickly. A site did come up and on a good day it would be a good site. The credit union for Budweiser workers.

Thanks Randy. I will try to contact them when they are opened in the states. I do have money back up for such problems but I prefer having access to this particular account when I am in China.. It is my day to day account that I normally use when I am in U,S. Thank you very much for the help. One day we will meet, I owe you a Bud. :gathering: Danb

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Just wanted to give an update. I was able to log on to my AEFCU account at a Japanese Restaurant on their Wifi system. That was a good thing. Later I was also able to log in at our hotel with both laptop and tablet when we were in Beijing but not when we were in Xi'an. When we got back to Nanning I was able to login once and then I was locked out. Looking at things I am am pretty sure I have two problems. One is with the CU and their security precautions. The other problem is with my laptop and the server that services my Lao Po's home. Thanks to everyone for listening. Danb