10-year Old Beats Infant; Throws from Balcony

Guest ExChinaExpat

Guest ExChinaExpat

There is a terrible story in China regarding a ten-year old girl who grabbed an infant from the mother while the mother exited the elevator. The elevator door closed quickly and the mother was unable to get the baby back. The ten-year old girl then began to beat the infant on the elevator while it went to the 25th floor. The young Chinese girl then took the infant and tossed it from the balcony.

There is video in Chinese language of the incident:

http://video.sina.com.cn/p/news/s/v/2013-12-04/230263216951.html

http://www.ecanadanow.com/curiosity/2013/12/06/china-girl-throws-baby-of-balcony/

Chongqing, China – Tragedy struck yesterday at a high rise apartment in this metropolitan city of nearly 29 million people. A mother was leaving the apartment elevator with her child and was attempting to pull his bicycle out of the elevator when a ten-year-old girl slipped inside. The elevator closed leaving the girl alone with the woman’s two-year-old son named Yuanyuan.
CCTV camera footage showed the girl pick the child up as if to comfort him at which point she thrusts him against the metal floor of the lift and begins kicking him repeatedly as the elevator rises to the 25th floor. The footage then shows a screaming child being shoved out of the elevator. Next, the girl took the child to the balcony where she pushed him off. Little Yuanyuan survived the fall long enough to be taken to an area hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The horrifying act is harder to comprehend given the young age of the assailant. She later told Yuanyuan’s mother that an unknown boy had kidnapped Yuanyuan, but then changed the perp’s gender to a girl. There is yet to be a motive for the senseless killing. Nor is it known if the girl was known by her victim prior to the attack.
Guest ExChinaExpat

Forgive me, but I just don't understand the significance of posting this story.

Sad story. It seems as if some children are just born bad.

Yes, very sad story. There is nothing profound or significant, other than the 10-year old girl who did it will receive no punishment for it. There is little available treatment in China for mental issues.

Edited by GuangDongExpat (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes, very sad story. There is nothing profound or significant, other than the 10-year old girl who did it will receive no punishment for it. There is little available treatment in China for mental issues.

Seems to be a universal problem. We've certainly have had our share of young nut cases here in the US.

Seems to be a universal problem. We've certainly have had our share of young nut cases here in the US.

You are so right, Dennis. All too often, ours have walked into school buildings and opened fire. Columbine, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, the movie theatre in Colorado - the list goes on and on. This girl in China was only ten and obviously quite disturbed.

Guest ExChinaExpat

This is by far the biggest story in China now, seems as if everybody is talking about it.

I see the same down here. Babies are the center of culture in China and the people are shocked about it especially since was recorded on the elevator security cam and played to the public. The police say they are conducting an investigation. I hope their investigation looks carefully at the ten-year old's family. Very likely there was some kind of abuse going on.

This is by far the biggest story in China now, seems as if everybody is talking about it.

I see the same down here. Babies are the center of culture in China and the people are shocked about it especially since was recorded on the elevator security cam and played to the public. The police say they are conducting an investigation. I hope their investigation looks carefully at the ten-year old's family. Very likely there was some kind of abuse going on.

What a very sad situation. It must be very tough on the Mother losing her young child so close to home. Just do a normal thing, spending time with her baby.

As far as the 10 year old I also thought there could be either a mental issue cause by either abuse at home or just plain old mental problems. In the States I usually roll my eyes when I hear the excuse " Yeah , but he was abused as a child or he pleaded insanity." Often those excuses seem to be used more because they work in the US legal system but may not be fully true. I do believe that some are legit but probably just a few .. In this case, with a girl that is only 10 years old. I wonder what had lead her to this point. Is she just evil or was something else in play? In the very first part of the video doesn't it seem that she is holding the baby in a "friendly" manner? Did something trigger her abuse of the little a baby.

Dan, I was wondering what kind of thoughts are being post on the internet by the Chinese. Are most of them looking looking for blood? Or for understanding? What do they see as the problem. What do they see as a possible solution? Perhap I should be asking, are you fluent enough in Chinese to read the comments or are you getting translations some how? I would l like to see how the Chinese look ar things. Thanks Dan

• Like 1