DS-260 Civil Documents Requirement Conflict

I've just completed the online DS-260. I'm now being told that we need to send in supporting documentation.

The email we've received only states that we submit the following:

1. Completed DS-260 (printed from the website)

2. Copy of biodata page of passport

3. 2 2-inch photographs

However, the website link provided immediately after submitting the DS-260 states that we need to submit more than the email states we should (e.g. birth certificate, police records, marriage certificate, etc).

So, who should I trust? The email or the website?

I have everything the website requests, so providing more than the email requests is not a problem. However, the email explicitly says not to submit more than is requested as extra documents will be destroyed.

I'm just confused as two authoritative sources have conflicting requests.

Go with Email directions and bring the documents to interview.

Email comes from the authority the US Consulate. The CGI site is run by an iutside contractor not DOS.

I've just completed the online DS-260. I'm now being told that we need to send in supporting documentation.

The email we've received only states that we submit the following:

1. Completed DS-260 (printed from the website)

2. Copy of biodata page of passport

3. 2 2-inch photographs

However, the website link provided immediately after submitting the DS-260 states that we need to submit more than the email states we should (e.g. birth certificate, police records, marriage certificate, etc).

So, who should I trust? The email or the website?

I have everything the website requests, so providing more than the email requests is not a problem. However, the email explicitly says not to submit more than is requested as extra documents will be destroyed.

I'm just confused as two authoritative sources have conflicting requests.

These are REQUIRED documents - you need to make sure that you HAVE submitted copies.

These are REQUIRED documents - you need to make sure that you HAVE submitted copies.

I actually took *everything* with me when we went to DCF. Most documents were collected. The staff member told me that the remainder of the documents (on the list above) (e.g. the criminal background check) wouldn't be needed until the interview.

Okay. I'll submit just what the email asks. That seems to make the most sense anyway.

Thanks!

My husband only submitted the DS-260 online confirmation, 2 photos and a copy of his bio-page after submitting his online applicaiton during the October holiday on 10/2. His documents were submitted through CITIC bank on 10/4 I think. At the interview he took all the other documents and submitted them at that time. His interview was 11/4, visa issued today 12/5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone know what CITIC bank branches accept the DS-260? Preferably in the Guomao area. Also what do I tell them once I'm there? They seem to be so misinformed, I feel as if I have to instruct them exactly what needs to be done.

I just went to a CITIC bank, only to be told that they don't handle these forms and neither does any other CITIC bank branch in the city.

Feeling desperate...

Hi,

Anyone know what CITIC bank branches accept the DS-260? Preferably in the Guomao area. Also what do I tell them once I'm there? They seem to be so misinformed, I feel as if I have to instruct them exactly what needs to be done.

I just went to a CITIC bank, only to be told that they don't handle these forms and neither does any other CITIC bank branch in the city.

Feeling desperate...

Your cover sheet that you've ALREADY printed out (right??) should have all the information they need on it. But, yes, not all of the CITIC Bank locations will handle the consulate's visa documents.

The Document Drop-off locations are listed here - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-loc-documentdropoff.asp

This page has 5 expedited locations on it, and links to a CITIC Bank page which supposedly shows all others. My connection is very slow and I can't get there today, but the last time I looked, the link was dead. Hopefully, they've filled it in by now. If not, you may need to get on the horn and find a location on your own