I-129F Wait Times Shorter Than I-130 For USCitizen in USA

FINALLY, the phone number worked. 30 min wait, then asked the questions.

Wife's I-130 approval received at NVC April 2. I am told I must wait 20-30 business days for processing.

Daughters I-130 approval received March 28, ahead of mothers.

I-129F approval not received at all.

So it took half a month for the transfer from USCIS to NVC, and said so to her. Lady said they used to have 8 weeks, now the time is shorter.

It's been over 30 days and no correspondence from the NVC. No NVC number. No responses from the 6 emails I have sent. Their phone number never works. Nothing on their website helps unless you have an NVC number. Feel like I'm in a hole again. Will try again early morning and see if their phone works. If nothing then I guess back to USCIS and get someone to track it.

Think I'll go mow the lawn and drink a DP.

Couple are stuck in a NVC black hole lately.

Point of this post is that it is taking 25-26 days to get a response from NVC on email sent to NVCINQUIRY@STATE.GOV .

It is kind of comical, but I got a response from the NVC 25 days after sending the first email to NVCINQUIRY@STATE.GOV . It was for the K3 I-129F, saying they never received it from USCIS and asked me for a scanned copy of my I-797 letter. Of course from post 31 you can see I already know they got the two I-130s, so I am satisfied. But being the half pissed SOG that I am, I scanned it and replied to nvcresearch@state.gov so their investigation can start. Let them TELL ME they cancelled the I-129F. It certainly served it's purpose of shaving off about 3 months wait on the I-130's over at USCIS. Still make them work at it which will slow up someone behind me...but I am selfish citizen and pissed. :D

Oh I got a response to my inquiry about the I-130's at about 9:50 last night. (26 days) Of course it said they received them and to please wait 30 days for processing. I will give them until 5-2, and then start calling. They got both of them by 4-2-14, see post 31.

Edited by Doug (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Got up early to call NVC right at 7. While ringing the GUZ number came through on email for wife's daughter @ 6:59. I paid the 88. Wife's I-130 was entered and lady said it will be one to two more weeks for her GUZ.

So, 3-17-14 approved at USCIS, 3-28-14 received at NVC, to 5-7-14 to get NVC GUZ number for child. 40 days after they received it. 51 days since USCIS approved I-130.

azureblue83

Posted Today, 09:02 AM

Just an update. It is confirmed, that it takes 30 days for they to opt you in the online processing.

I sent in the opt-in email April 7, 2014. Got a strange reply saying they are "out of office". And then on May 7, 2014, I received the email from NVC confirming the opt-in, and they changed the case # to "GZO".

I then immediately emailed in all the IV supporting documents and the I-864 package. And guess what? I got another "out of office" reply from NVC... They sure are messing up the system there in NVC... But whatever, will see what happens next.

Question: When I emailed the documents, I emailed in the wrong "Document Cover Sheet", i.e. I emailed in the cover sheet with the old "GUZ" number on it. I realize this after I hit the "Send" button. Is that a problem? Everything else, including the email subject title etc all used the correct "GZO" number... hope this won't delay anything... Anyone knows?

Thanks.

Not sure if this pertains too this topic but it seams related.

It's looking like 3-4 weeks wait time +/- a few days

Confused by Opt-in at NVC

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Got the GZO numbers on 6-23 and 6-24-2014.

Had to finish filing 2013 1040 to IRS. Complicated with a small biz on the side.

Now I had sent in the I-864 (AOS) on paper 5-28 by USPS and it arrived at the NVC on 5-30, according to USPS. I arrived in China by this time for a visit and read more about it as I had really bad vibes. So much so I took all my tax stuff with me to China. Seems the instructions tell you to send by email in PDF format, or on paper by mail, and once you do one or the other, that is the path you will take (electronic or paper). BUT, if you read their FAQ section it plainly states to not attempt to file the AOS electronically. Well, I went ahead and scanned all the AOS documents in and emailed it all for wife and daughter. I explained the confusion on their website in the email, and I got a response back on the AOS emails changing the GUZ numbers to GZO numbers. I had also sent in emails requesting to be allowed to file electronic even though that step was missing in the procedure at that time. No response to that email.

Since then I filed the DS-260 and all supporting docs, electronically and by email. The ceac.gov website still shows N/A for the supporting docs for the I-864, and the same thing for docs for the DS-260. I got them on the phone yesterday and was told they have the emails and all is being processed. Very difficult to get NVC on the phone even in the early morning. It is a good thing I filled the AOS (I-864 and supporting documents) by email, as NVC has no record of the paper mailing.

Nothing to do but wait some more and relax that they do have it all.

Got the GZO numbers on 6-23 and 6-24-2014.

Had to finish filing 2013 1040 to IRS. Complicated with a small biz on the side.

Now I had sent in the I-864 (AOS) on paper 5-28 by USPS and it arrived at the NVC on 5-30, according to USPS. I arrived in China by this time for a visit and read more about it as I had really bad vibes. So much so I took all my tax stuff with me to China. Seems the instructions tell you to send by email in PDF format, or on paper by mail, and once you do one or the other, that is the path you will take (electronic or paper). BUT, if you read their FAQ section it plainly states to not attempt to file the AOS electronically. Well, I went ahead and scanned all the AOS documents in and emailed it all for wife and daughter. I explained the confusion on their website in the email, and I got a response back on the AOS emails changing the GUZ numbers to GZO numbers. I had also sent in emails requesting to be allowed to file electronic even though that step was missing in the procedure at that time. No response to that email.

Since then I filed the DS-260 and all supporting docs, electronically and by email. The ceac.gov website still shows N/A for the supporting docs for the I-864, and the same thing for docs for the DS-260. I got them on the phone yesterday and was told they have the emails and all is being processed. Very difficult to get NVC on the phone even in the early morning. It is a good thing I filled the AOS (I-864 and supporting documents) by email, as NVC has no record of the paper mailing.

Nothing to do but wait some more and relax that they do have it all.

"I had also sent in emails requesting to be allowed to file electronic even though that step was missing in the procedure at that time. No response to that email." - That step is apparently eliminated now. Simply start filing papers electronically or by regular mail, and you are automatically enrolled in that particular track. Yes, hopefully, they will eliminate the confusion (their own) about how to file the I-864.

Good luck with all this stuff, Douggie. The same intelligent folks who rolled out the computer workings for ObamaCare are the ones who set up the jumbled up crap you are dealing with now with the "old" form of legal immigration. Don't ask me who hired these guys...the second time. LOL

tsap seui

We live in a country that has two legal ways to immigrate.

One is the old legal, legal, way. This way is full of danger with trying to fill out completely retarded paperwork that needs to be filed on a computer software that was designed by morons at a very high cost, plus this route is expensive, you must sign legal forms that state your family will never go on the dole in any way shape or form, and nothing is certain as far as your loved ones being given entry into this country.

The second is the old illegal, now, legal, way. This way is a sure thing as to being accepted. Plus, you can go on the dole from day one, food, clothing, shelter, and free medical care is given. No need to fill out forms or file them on computer software that is broken at it's inception.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Today, the USCIS wait times for I-130 petitions for US Citizens is at 5 months or less, same for Permanent Resident petitions. Looks like it is across the board at all or most processing centers including the NBC. BUT, if your starting the process, look at all the various wait times to make a decision whether to send in an I-129F later or not.

My update is that I got a letter from the NVC telling me due to their work overload (too many approved petitions), it will take up to 60 days to review my AOS. Geeze.............. I got ticked and wrote my Senator. Lot of good that will do.................

Today, the USCIS wait times for I-130 petitions for US Citizens is at 5 months or less, same for Permanent Resident petitions. Looks like it is across the board at all or most processing centers including the NBC. BUT, if your starting the process, look at all the various wait times to make a decision whether to send in an I-129F later or not.

My update is that I got a letter from the NVC telling me due to their work overload (too many approved petitions), it will take up to 60 days to review my AOS. Geeze.............. I got ticked and wrote my Senator. Lot of good that will do.................

But also consider that an I-129F costs just some paper, a little ink, an envelope and a stamp. The processing times may change even just 5 months down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a UPS package that is all my paper AOS filling I made before that last trip to China. Of course while in China I scanned it and emailed to them, because I felt I did something wrong by sending in paper, and their website was very confusing on these points. I don't remember the day I mailed it but:

MAY 30, 2014 Stamped Received

Aug 1, dated letter saying it cannot be reviewed since I am on electronic filling, efile.

Aug 15, UPS package arrives. talk about slow...

Anyway 2 months from received until looked at, for those doing paper method. FYI. I'm glad I am doing the electronic thing.

Oh, and beware of the question Part 3, #2, that reads:

"I am sponsoring the fallowing family members immigrating at the same time or within 6 months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2. Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition."

I got in trouble over this. First it says to list them, then it says don't. Now just how do you sponsor an immigrant without a petition? Do they mean an illegal??? Anyway, I guess DON"T list their kids, just add it later at the end. Will see, when they get to it.

I think I am in a group that is huge due to signing up illegal kids. I think new applicants will have better wait times than my group.

• 1 month later...

I guess this is my progress thread.

Got email dated 9-29 that everything forwarded to Guangzhou, with an interview date of Nov 19.

I was traveling back from China on 9-29. Just opened email. I spent most of September there. I will write more about that as soon as I learn how to upload video on Youtube or something.

Doug