Can you HAIR Me?

Guest ExChinaExpat

Guest ExChinaExpat

I'm convinced, there is something in China, the food, the drink, the genes, the environment that makes Chinese women lose their hair like a wheat field during harvest. This view may be partly blamed on the fact that very few Chinese people use carpet in their homes. Most Chinese homes have tile floors, with a throw rug here and there.

If you want to do a test, start with a fully clean a room and tile floor. Then, invite one or two Chinese ladies over for dinner. Spend a few hours and make sure they move about the area. Give them a tour of the home and have them walk about rather than sit in one location. Then, after all is over, bid them goodbye and a nice evening. Get out your flat tile mop and go over the floors with a good swipe. Then, take a white damp cloth and stroke it a few times over your furniture. The result: enough hair to weave a rug. It's insane. I swear it's an epidemic in China that is not well documented.

Chinese Flat Tile Mop

http://i41.tinypic.com/ciwjo.jpg

Edited by GuangDongExpat (see edit history)

It is not just in China, my wife has been in America for 5 years, and still the hair drops a lot.

When she combs her hair in the morning, she has to pick up all the hair from the floor, in the shower it clogs the drain.

The amazing part is she STILL has a thick head of hair, so it must also grow quickly.

Li is the same way, always loosing large amounts of hair, especially when she washes it. But like Credzba said, she still has a thick mop of hair. She has let her hair grow for the last two years and it is now down to her waist. Now when she loses strands of hair, they are super long.

Guest ExChinaExpat

It is not just in China, my wife has been in America for 5 years, and still the hair drops a lot.

When she combs her hair in the morning, she has to pick up all the hair from the floor, in the shower it clogs the drain.

The amazing part is she STILL has a thick head of hair, so it must also grow quickly.

Li is the same way, always loosing large amounts of hair, especially when she washes it. But like Credzba said, she still has a thick mop of hair. She has let her hair grow for the last two years and it is now down to her waist. Now when she loses strands of hair, they are super long.

Yes, it was the same with my ex-Chinese wife, her daughter, and other Chinese women I have known. Most maintain a good head of hair despite losing so much in the shower and throughout daily movement. It truly seems excessive and I've often wondered whether it's an environmental thing as I don't recall seeing this from American born women.

We don't have that here, at least not in our household. There's some hair loss, of course, but only in the bathrooms, and nothing unusual.

At one point, though, she did buy me a 'hair restoring' kit - I cured the 'problem' by switching from an 'oily hair' shampoo, to a 'dry-hair' (oil restoring) shampoo.