k1/k2 process

Guest ExChinaExpat

Guest ExChinaExpat

Damn, it's been over 8-years since I did this am think I've forgotten more than I remember. So, let me post of couple of questions to hopefully gain some clarity:

1. I'm pretty clear about the K1 part of the visa paperwork, but have forgotten about how to add the K2 (child) to the initial paperwork?

2. Is K2 birth certificate or other documents required with the initial filing of the I-129F?

3. I know many states provide a certified one-page divorce certificate, which I provided on my previous filing. However, is it okay to send a copy of the final divorce decree? Are original copies needed, or will a photocopy suffice?

Damn, it's been over 8-years since I did this am think I've forgotten more than I remember. So, let me post of couple of questions to hopefully gain some clarity:

1. I'm pretty clear about the K1 part of the visa paperwork, but have forgotten about how to add the K2 (child) to the initial paperwork?

2. Is K2 birth certificate or other documents required with the initial filing of the I-129F?

3. I know many states provide a certified one-page divorce certificate, which I provided on my previous filing. However, is it okay to send a copy of the final divorce decree? Are original copies needed, or will a photocopy suffice?

1. Simply list him as a child of your fiance on your wife's I-129F. Then, when the petition is at Guangzhou, submit P-3 and P-4 documents for him along with hers.

2. No

3. The divorce decree is what I have submitted. Yes, photocopies are fine.

I will add, at the time of paying the DS-260 visa fee(s) and scheduling the Interview, you will submit two DS-260 visa applications and pay two fees $240 each for K-1 and K-2

Does My U.S. Citizen Fiancé(e) Need to File Separate Petitions for My Children?

No. Your eligible children may apply for K-2 visas based on the approval of Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) filed on your behalf, but your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) must list the children on the petition. Separate visa applications must be submitted for each K-2 visa applicant, and each applicant must pay the K visa application fee.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#15