InfoPass question

Hi, I need to make an InfoPass appointment to get my wife's passport stamped for when we go to China in January 2014. I'm doubting that the 10 year GC will be here by then so just want to make sure everything is OK for her going and coming back. I went in to make the appointment but there isn't a specific direction they lead you to make one for this specific request. Only thing they direct you to would be You need information or other services. So I go in there and it gives us only November 21 for an option for the appointment date. Should I go ahead and make it, and then when we go for the appointment will they ask us what we need and take care of it? Sorry if that sounds stupid, but I just don't want any mistakes. Thanks! Marc

Yes, simply bring evidence you filed the I-751, (Biometric letter), the 2 year green card, and Chinese passport. Explain to officer that you have not yet received the extension letter, and even with the letter and that you have heard reports of people having problems leaving China with just the letter, so request an I-551 stamp in the passport.