Only have I-797 for the biometrics?

We only received the 797 for the biometrics, which we are leaving for in a couple hours. Is the 797 for the 751 we sent in coming after the biometrics? Or do we only get this one? A little worried right now with going to the biometrics with an expired green card and no receiot except for the biometrics. Should we be?

We only received the 797 for the biometrics, which we are leaving for in a couple hours. Is the 797 for the 751 we sent in coming after the biometrics? Or do we only get this one? A little worried right now with going to the biometrics with an expired green card and no receiot except for the biometrics. Should we be?

The green card is extended automatically upon receipt of your I-751 application. Depending on your comfort level with that, you may wish to get an I-551 stamp in her passport through an InfoPass appointment.

They are unlikely to give her any grief at the biometrics appointment.

Thanks Randy! We went down to Milwaukee and took care of the biometrics. Went fine..I thought..until she walked out of the area for fingerprinting with a sad look on her face. When asked to sign her name for the new green card, after 50 years of having her name be "last name first then first name", she signed it that way but realized she had not done it the way we do it here in America (and she had on her 2 year green card and other things), first name then last name, mentioned it to the officer there, she said it was OK and that you can't change it. Hope this doesn't create issues.

Question on the InfoPass deal. Can we go to the one up in St. Paul, MN or do we have to go to the one in Milwaukee where we had the biometrics? I should've tried scheduling one when we had the biometrics...I know.

Thanks!

Marc

Thanks Randy! We went down to Milwaukee and took care of the biometrics. Went fine..I thought..until she walked out of the area for fingerprinting with a sad look on her face. When asked to sign her name for the new green card, after 50 years of having her name be "last name first then first name", she signed it that way but realized she had not done it the way we do it here in America (and she had on her 2 year green card and other things), first name then last name, mentioned it to the officer there, she said it was OK and that you can't change it. Hope this doesn't create issues.

Question on the InfoPass deal. Can we go to the one up in St. Paul, MN or do we have to go to the one in Milwaukee where we had the biometrics? I should've tried scheduling one when we had the biometrics...I know.

Thanks!

Marc

Great!

Any InfoPass location should be fine.

Thanks Guys! InfoPass page in USCIS says that the one in St. Paul is the one that services our area.

Note, there are two types of offices.

• Local office, this is a full service office they handle cases, interviews,and do infopass appointments, they also tend to have an ASC which handles biometrics.
  • ASC (Application Support Center) tends to just do biometrics and do not handle infopass appointments because they are not a field office.

Sounds like you live in the boarder between the two offices, because both are Local Offices and ASC.

Thanks Guys! InfoPass page in USCIS says that the one in St. Paul is the one that services our area.

Note, there are two types of offices.

• Local office, this is a full service office they handle cases, interviews,and do infopass appointments, they also tend to have an ASC which handles biometrics.
  • ASC (Application Support Center) tends to just do biometrics and do not handle infopass appointments because they are not a field office.

Sounds like you live in the boarder between the two offices, because both are Local Offices and ASC.

In Houston, we went to three different offices - one for InfoPass appointments (and I don't know what else), another for interviews and processing, and a privately-run ASC for biometrics.

Interesting, though - they do direct you to a specific InfoPass office based on your HOME zip code. Seems like you should be able to get an InfoPass appointment no matter where you are and/or want to go.