Two questions:

Going to get everything translated and notarized soon.

1. How many copies of the "white book" should I get? Additional copies the day of are only 20 RMB per. If I return to get more copies later, I have to pay the base fee of 210 again.

So, two copies today would cost 230; three 250 RMB, etc. One today and one tomorrow would cost 420 RMB.

We're also translating the following:

Wife's hukou

Wife's birth certificate

Son's birth certificate

Wife's criminal background check

Our marriage certificates

2. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

One each of marriage cert and birth certs to give to consulate, originals + translations will be useful later in the states.

As for police cert, only one needed for the interview.

Study topics tagged:

Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate

Police Cert

Two questions:

Going to get everything translated and notarized soon.

1. How many copies of the "white book" should I get? Additional copies the day of are only 20 RMB per. If I return to get more copies later, I have to pay the base fee of 210 again.

So, two copies today would cost 230; three 250 RMB, etc. One today and one tomorrow would cost 420 RMB.

We're also translating the following:

Wife's hukou

Wife's birth certificate

Son's birth certificate

Wife's criminal background check

Our marriage certificates

2. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

There is no need for a hukou translation.

You do not need translations of BOTH your own and her marriage certificates

I bought 3 each of the birth certificates and marriage certificate.

One for the yahoos in the consulate, one for later in America, and one for good mojo (in case our's got lost in the journey and shuffle of life).

tsap seui

• Like 1

We got three notorized copies w/translation of the marriage certificate ("white book"?) when we got married, but haven't yet had to give away a copy. When we DCF'd and when my wife interviewed, they asked that we bring the original, which they then checked against photocopies that we gave them.

I'm still glad we got three copies, I guess, just to spare us any future hassle, but as it turns out it might have been fine to just go with the one.

Edited by lhp (see edit history)