Online status says ready for interview; haven't received P-3

Ay carumba, this process is somewhat confusing.

My British hubby was asked to fill out a DS-230 online, print it up, and then submit it with other documents to a CITIC branch. He followed all these steps and went to the CITIC branch that does the express service.

This happened before the October holiday, and we've been twiddling our thumbs since. Just out of curiosity, he went into the VIsa Status Check page online, typed in his case number, and a pop-up with a large "Ready" appeared with this text:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

We haven't received instructions yet about scheduling the interview yet. Possibly missing in the mail? Sit tight and wait for them to send? Or call and gently prod? Has anyone been in the same situation?

Many thanks.

Jennifer

Congrats Jennifer on getting to the interview stage! What is the date on the status when you check?

We received our P3 on 9/29 and when I checked the online status after receipt (because the P3 had the case number) the case was created on 9/16 and the Status Updated Date was 9/25. Your notice is probably just in the mail and you will recieve soon...Interesting you said you filled out the DS-230 as my spouse had to fill out a DS-260 which is the new online version of the DS-230 from what I understand. Are you going through Beijing? We are filing through GZ..

Andy

Many thanks guys. I got the forms mixed up; it actually was the the 260. Hubby just wrote to Guangzhou, let's see what they say. And we're going through the Guangzhou consulate -- it's the clearinghouse for everyone doing DCF in China.

Andelou -- good luck!