China's tpye 022 stealth missile boats

This link gives a complete insight into China's military, where they and where they want to go...

The Real Reason Behind China’s Military Rising http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/the-real-reason-behind-chinas-military-rising.html

I have to say that I cannot disagree with much of their analysis and it's given me a greater appreciation of what the Chinese face today from where they've come from in the past.

This was particularly interesting:

Warmongering or Peaceful?

One accusation bandied about is that China is spoiling for a fight with neighbours or the USA. A simple comparison suffices. The last war China engaged in was a brief border dispute with Vietnam in 1979. This conflict occurred nearly 35 years ago. If we compare US adventurism during the same timeframe, we find that this superpower has engaged in the following missions or invasions:

• Lebanese Civil War (1982-84)
• Bombing of Libya (1981, 1986, 1989)
• Invasion of Panama (1989-90)
• Gulf War (1990-91)
• Somali Civil War (1992-94)
• Bosnia (1993-95)
• Haiti (1994-95)
• Kosovo (1999)
• Colombian Conflict (1998-)
• Invasion of Afghanistan (2001-)
• War on Terror (2001-)
• Invasion of Iraq (2003-11)
• Liberia (2003)
• Libyan Civil War (2011).

Right now it is on the verge of striking Syria. While some items on this list are admittedly international peacekeeping missions, it does serve to highlight the fact that the USA, more than anyone else, likes to throw its weight around. Our latest Defence White Paper, issued in April 2013, states unequivocally, “China unswervingly pursues an independent foreign policy of peace and a national defence policy that is defensive in nature. China opposes any form of hegemonism or power politics, and does not interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.”...

This link gives a complete insight into China's military, where they and where they want to go...

The Real Reason Behind China’s Military Rising http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/the-real-reason-behind-chinas-military-rising.html

I have to say that I cannot disagree with much of their analysis and it's given me a greater appreciation of what the Chinese face today from where they've come from in the past.

This was particularly interesting:

Warmongering or Peaceful?

One accusation bandied about is that China is spoiling for a fight with neighbours or the USA. A simple comparison suffices. The last war China engaged in was a brief border dispute with Vietnam in 1979. This conflict occurred nearly 35 years ago. If we compare US adventurism during the same timeframe, we find that this superpower has engaged in the following missions or invasions:

• Lebanese Civil War (1982-84)

• Bombing of Libya (1981, 1986, 1989)

• Invasion of Panama (1989-90)

• Gulf War (1990-91)

• Somali Civil War (1992-94)

• Bosnia (1993-95)

• Haiti (1994-95)

• Kosovo (1999)

• Colombian Conflict (1998-)

• Invasion of Afghanistan (2001-)

• War on Terror (2001-)

• Invasion of Iraq (2003-11)

• Liberia (2003)

• Libyan Civil War (2011).

Right now it is on the verge of striking Syria. While some items on this list are admittedly international peacekeeping missions, it does serve to highlight the fact that the USA, more than anyone else, likes to throw its weight around. Our latest Defence White Paper, issued in April 2013, states unequivocally, “China unswervingly pursues an independent foreign policy of peace and a national defence policy that is defensive in nature. China opposes any form of hegemonism or power politics, and does not interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.”...

I fully agree with you, Dennis.

Why we don't look to partner up, or at least lighten up with the Chinese....instead of looking at them through the 1950's of Joseph McCarthey's eyes is way beyond me. It sickens me, but then, I got used to being sickened by stupidity a long time ago...LOL Seeing, and being a direct participant in what our version of "winning the minds and hearts of the people" actually did for and to the Vietnamese people showed me it didn't work there, and what sane person can say it has worked out in Iraq and Afghanistan?

And that last paragraph.....my wife asked me years ago about this PTSD stuff American combat vets have. My answer, a question, answered her as best as I could. "When was the last time you saw China's military invading another country?"

tsap seui

• Like 1