A "Dense Haze"

Dense haze envelops N China

http://english.people.com.cn/mediafile/201310/06/F201310061526212401620365.jpg

Sections of the Beijing-Tianjin Expressway are closed due to the dense haze in Beijing, capital of China, Oct. 6, 2013. The national meteorological center issued a yellow alert for haze on Sunday, warning the serious air pollution and lower visibility. (Xinhua/Hu Linqing)

That has got to be some of the worst smog I have ever seen, and I saw quite a bit when I lived in China. Li and I used to eat at a revolving restaurant, located on the 28th floor of the old Holiday Inn in Hefei (capital of Anhui). There were times we could not see the ground. I developed bronchitis my second week in Hefei and I didn't get over it until ten months later, when we moved down to the coast in northeast Guangdong.

Wenyan had a small cough and throat clearing thing when I met her and while she lived in China, didn't take long for her too lose all of that when she came here to where you can see forever. Then when she was in Chinartucky this summer I heard that little cough start up again. Not long after she got back home it left again. I tol her she must be allergic to Chinar, or maybe it's the "dense haze"...LOL

I'm not a waitress, I am a food server.

I'm not a plummer, I am a shit rolls downhill technician.

What do you mean smog Mick? That thar is dense haze, probably blown into Beijing with the ocean breeze 2 or 3 hundred miles away.

I remember getting to Beijing and they must have had a huge wind blow through the day before cause it was clear and smelled good for a good day and a half....then we woke up and could no longer see the Forbidden City from our hotel room for the next two days, then we left for Fushun and it looked like a dust storm in Texas had hit, in the evening twilight. A couple of weeks later we flew back down to Beijing and I sware, on the ride from the airport to the hotel I literally felt like and it tasted like I had a pipe coming from a car's exhaust pipe ending right by my face.....having worked on a pipeline before I reckoned it was half burnt 87 octane leaded gas fumes I wuz breathin'. Cool thought I, the 2000's are the new 50's.

tsap seui.