New procedure from Guangzhou on DCF

Hello all,

Just a quick update and alert that the Guangzhou consulate now requires the beneficiary to fill out and send a DS-260 along with a copy of the photo page of the passport and two US-sized passport pics. After that's completed, the consulate then sends instructions on setting up the visa interview (in the meantime, we're collecting the necessary documents).

It took us about a week to get the I-130 approved, and a month to get this notice from Guangzhou, which has the case number. I'm hoping we're a pretty straight-forward case as we've been married almost nine years and have a child, who is a US citizen.

Question -- is the expedited service at the Citic branch on Financial Street reliable/worth it? And does anyone have experience with these new steps? How long is the wait for the instructions on setting up the visa interview?

And here's to hoping the government shutdown in the US doesn't occur.

Best,

Jennifer

Hello all,

Just a quick update and alert that the Guangzhou consulate now requires the beneficiary to fill out and send a DS-260 along with a copy of the photo page of the passport and two US-sized passport pics. After that's completed, the consulate then sends instructions on setting up the visa interview (in the meantime, we're collecting the necessary documents).

It took us about a week to get the I-130 approved, and a month to get this notice from Guangzhou, which has the case number. I'm hoping we're a pretty straight-forward case as we've been married almost nine years and have a child, who is a US citizen.

Question -- is the expedited service at the Citic branch on Financial Street reliable/worth it? And does anyone have experience with these new steps? How long is the wait for the instructions on setting up the visa interview?

And here's to hoping the government shutdown in the US doesn't occur.

Best,

Jennifer

Be sure to wait for those instructions. I've heard some folks have gone ahead and scheduled an interview (because the ustraveldocs.com website ALLOWS them to), only to have the Consulate CANCEL their interview because they weren't ready.

Congrats Jennifer. Question - when did you file your I-130? We filed ours on August 27th but didn't receive until September 21...It was stamped approved on August 29th and there were two holidays in there so certainly not complaining...Just curious as to when you filed yours as it only took a week. We are anxiously awaiting the next news from the Consulate and have all our documents ready to go...

Congrats Jennifer. Question - when did you file your I-130? We filed ours on August 27th but didn't receive until September 21...It was stamped approved on August 29th and there were two holidays in there so certainly not complaining...Just curious as to when you filed yours as it only took a week. We are anxiously awaiting the next news from the Consulate and have all our documents ready to go...

Congrats Andelu and sorry I never got around to replying.

I am also wondering whether the D.C. shutdown is affecting things in Guangzhou. Hubby has yet to hear that they received the materials.

As a follow up to my post on 9/27 above - we received our P3 notice on 9/29; submitted online on 10/1; hard copy requested information sent through Citic bank today, 10/4.

Hi -- did you get an acknowledgement from the consulate that they received your materials? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Andelu (or anyone else) - do we have any more information about the timeline now? Specifically, after doing the DS-260 online and submitting the photos etc. through CITIC bank, how long did it take before you can schedule your interview? (Also, is it true that you choose your own interview date now, as opposed to being assigned one, and if so, what is the window of time that you can choose from?)

I ask because my friends are at this step of the process now -- just got the notice of approval for the i-130 and the instructions to complete the DS-260 and CITIC steps (is this what counts as P3 now?) -- and are ready to proceed, but are trying to plan around a vacation (which could be somewhat flexibly scheduled) so we're trying to figure out whether to go ahead and submit everything ASAP or whether that could tie them into a rigid timeline and affect their ability to leave the country for a couple weeks this winter.

Andelu (or anyone else) - do we have any more information about the timeline now? Specifically, after doing the DS-260 online and submitting the photos etc. through CITIC bank, how long did it take before you can schedule your interview? (Also, is it true that you choose your own interview date now, as opposed to being assigned one, and if so, what is the window of time that you can choose from?)

I ask because my friends are at this step of the process now -- just got the notice of approval for the i-130 and the instructions to complete the DS-260 and CITIC steps (is this what counts as P3 now?) -- and are ready to proceed, but are trying to plan around a vacation (which could be somewhat flexibly scheduled) so we're trying to figure out whether to go ahead and submit everything ASAP or whether that could tie them into a rigid timeline and affect their ability to leave the country for a couple weeks this winter.

HI Lane - We submited our DS-260 online on 10/1, the documents required through CITIC Bank on 10/5 (I think - it was still during the National Day Holiday and first day bank open). On 10/24 recieved an email from IVAppointment Guangzhou advising that: This office is ready to begin final processing - approval to schedule inteview.

That evening we went online and there were interview appointments available as early as 10/31 and througout November. As can only get the medical exam after this notice and must have before the interview it was not possible to take advantage of the earliest appointment. My husband, Pei Lin, had his phyiscal 10/31 in Guangzhou and picked up results same day. Interview was 11/4, first appointment at 7:45am. He was out by 10:30am. application approved - but have to send in 2 additional documents which we now have and will submit on 11/11 via CITIC Bank with his passport so should have visa within 2-3 weeks.

So yes, can choose own date. At the time we logged on there was available appointments beginning one week away through 5 weeks out.

Yes, the notice of submitting DS-260 is the P3. Somewhere on the form it seems it said P3 somewhere. I had the same question at the time.

My suggestion would be to submit everything and then wait for notification to proceed with scheduling interview.

Good Luck.

Andy

My understanding is that they will release dates for up to an entire month at a time. If you want an interview in December, you should probably begin LOOKING (do not schedule until you are told to do so) NOW.

Dates for January and beyond will not be available, but will be released probably beginning around the end of next month.

Thank you, that was incredibly helpful and even answered all my follow-up questions that I thought of while reading.

But now.... um... silly question -- we are having trouble locating the NVC case number. Where did you find this?

In order to log in to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/ and fill out the DS-260 online visa application, she needs her "NVC Case Number" and "Invoice ID Number." In the instructions she received in the mail, it says what to put for the Invoice ID Number (i.e., her birthday), but we can't find the case number anywhere. Is it in a separate mailing? Is it also her birthday? Is there not one if you do DCF? We can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.