Case Forwarded to wrong consulate...

My I-129F application was approved, but between my petition submission and approval date, my beneficiary moved from Japan (where she was in school) back to her parents' place in China. I submitted a letter to USCIS indicating a change of address, but that I received the approval notice the next day, so I know USCIS did not receive information of the change in time to do anything about it.

However, I did include in my supplementary documentation an indication that she would be moving, and the final address she would be living at. I also listed the Guangzhou consulate as the preferred case processing location on my I-129F form.

The NVC apparently ignored my request, because my case was forwarded to Tokyo instead of Guangzhou. Big problem!! She now needs a Japanese tourist visa just to get back into Japan (not easy to come by if she's Chinese and not part of a tour group).

What is the best way to ensure that the case is quickly forwarded from Tokyo to Guangzhou where she actually has a chance of attending the interview?

Before returning to China did your fiancée get a police cert from Japan? There has been a few posts about having a hard time getting them from Japan.

Probably need to contact US Embasy in Japan and have it forward to Guangzhou, but I would first contact NVC and ask.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

Yes, she got the police certs from her local police office in Japan before she moved. She needed me to make a copy of the Guangzhou consulate's visa application instructions so that the police office would have an official request for the reports. I suspect it's REALLY hard to get them if you don't show up at the office in person.

I contacted the NVC over a week ago and have not received a response yet. They said "it will take up to 20 business days to receive a response" which was, needless to say, not that helpful.