We're in the states, waiting on Green Cards and the wife receives a 2 letters from the INS one is a Welcome letter and the other is a notice of action. I believe it's for Biometrics. She knew about this before we left China. I believe the letter said a future letter would give her an appointment and a location she needs to go to.

The letter came from the Texas office. Since we're in central Florida will the location be in Florida? Just curious if anyone else had to do Biometrics after they arrived.

Did the NOA indicate ADIT processing? If it did it is just telling you that they are producing the cards.

I have yet to see a CR-1 or IR-1 visa need to go to a biometric, they got the fingerprints and photo back at the visa interview.

Texas is a service center not a field office, service centers tend to send out letters. If were a biometric letter it would tell you to go to your nearest ASC which would be fairly close to where you live, no more than an hour or two drive away.

ADIT Processing - ADIT stands for Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System. When your green card is approved for printing, you may get a letter indicating the approval from the USCIS. It will say something like

On July 1, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-nnn-nnnn.

The ADIT processing refers to the fingerprints and passport photos which were processed at the Application Support Center (ASC). The card cannot be issued until they have been processed through the system. This apparently is more of an issue with the I-90 replacement or renewal processing than the initial I-751 or I-485 applications. The note about ADIT processing should be ignored, UNLESS you are (separately) requested to bring passport photos to an InfoPass appointment.

Yes, some vaccinations are two part and should have the second part done after arrival in the states or be tested for immunity (Titer tests), however this will not hold up getting the green-cards.

My wife needed to have the titer tests done so that she could take classes at the local college, since the vaccination series started in China was not complete.