Petition for Alien Relative

Well fellas. it seems Ying wants to help her brother and family, and sister and spouse, move to the states.

I know that an individual form must be completed for each person - 5 in all, but I am not sure about the fees. I know it's $420 but is that per family or per person.

As always, thanks for the help.

Step 1) Ying becomes a US Citizen...

Step 2) Ying files only one I-130 and only one petition fee for USCIS for sibling (Sister) Sister's family will get derivative visas when the time comes.

Eventually when NVC assigns visa numbers for sibling and family, you will then pay additional visa fees for the derivative visas.

This will take years (10 years or more) to get a visa number. Minor children, so if they are no longer minor (Less than 21) when numbers are assigned to them, I suspect adult children would not qualify for visa numbers.

This is F4 Preference for visa numbers, currently NVC is assigning numbers to petitions filed back May 2001 (12 Years)

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5953.html

Help!

Question #20 Part C,

Does Ying fill that out in Chinese?

I get confused easy.

Bad mojo memories.

I don't have form in front of me, if says write name if not roman characters, then yes using Chinese characters.

Not trying to high jack this thread but hong and i are some what close to the same path your going down.

Hong and i have been married for 7 years now and just in the past few months she is thinking of MAYBE becoming an U.S. citizen.

When hong first arrived in the U.S. back in 08 she too want to bring the family here, As I'm sure many of our wife would like to do.

Once she figured out the timeline as Dan stated 10-12 years that idea went out the door and was forgotten.

The one family member hong very wanted to come to the U.S. is her baby sister, They are very close as I'm sure many are.

I have posted this question in the past and many know of it.

IMO: I find it very difficult to understand why we ALL go down this road to bring our wife's to America (And there family) only to have to jump through

10-12 more years and more money only to endure the stress of not knowing if our family will make it here someday or not.

All the while we have ones jumping the fence and crossing the river by the groves daily for free.

There just has to be a better way for our family's to be together no matter what country were from.

May it be from next door or from beyond the other side of the world.

Mike

Put the brakes on that pretty quick!

I suspect you don't have sister's birth cert, need to send copy of both and perhaps a copy of house book showing both listed as sisters.

Need to establish relationship.

Put the brakes on that pretty quick!

I suspect you don't have sister's birth cert, need to send copy of both and perhaps a copy of house book showing both listed as sisters.

Need to establish relationship.

I went over all docs and will provide them with all the necessary paperwork.

Appreciate your help Dan.

• Like 1