Update, things to know

Since we've been in the US almost 2 months now I wanted to write and update with some tips I would've wanted to know...

1) We paid the fee and my husbands GC came exactly 3 weeks from the date of entry.

2) Do not request for a SSN/card on your DS 230, most likely it won't be processed and it is faster to enter the US and wait for your green card and then go to the SSA and request one. We waited for it to be delivered and it never came. Went to SSA and was received less than a week later!

3) I wrote a PO Box address for everything to be sent to on my DS230 however all the new mailings from USCIS went to the home address, then were returned to them and readdressed and sent to us about 1-2 weeks after they were initially sent ALSO make sure your post office knows your spouses name etc. so the mail isn't returned due to that either

4) Doing everything DCF I was never given a receipt number which is essential when looking up statuses and when calling USCIS about your case. I never knew about such a number until I called about missing documents...Something I would recommend you call and get from USCIS if you're doing DCF

Those are all the things, i can think of, that I wish I would've known....

Thanks for the tips.

For 2), you can go to the SS office as early as two weeks after arrival to apply for a number, even if you HAVE checked that box. If a number is already in the system, they will tell you so, and NOT issue a second.

Question about #4 - what was the format of your receipt number? Did it begin with GUZ?

TnN & Randy W,

Can I have your input on an DCF CR-1 issue please?

My wife is from Colombia, living and working here in China legally with a resident permit.

I filed the I-130 petition in GZ on April 19, and it wasapproved on April 22.

"Notice of Approval" was mailed form the consulate on April 25.

We received in the regular mail in Shenzhen the on April 27.

There was no File Number on the letter. Not that we need one I guess, since that part had been approved.

Since then, we haven't heard anything. Almost 7 weeks.

I have emailed the Immigration Visa Unit via the GCI Stanly email mask.

Their first reply was asking for the case number, which we obviously do not have and I clearly stated that in the boby of the email.

Sent another email and the response was they looked up the beneficiary's information but did not find anything in the system and to contact the NVC.

i sent an email to the NVC via their email system and they were of no assistance either. It appears they are not even aware of the process for the DCF and the entire process being within the consulate.

I do not know who to call or where to proceed from here.

It was our understanding that the DCF process is rather quick.

Any idea where I should proceed from here?

Thanks,

Wayne

TnN & Randy W,

Can I have your input on an DCF CR-1 issue please?

My wife is from Colombia, living and working here in China legally with a resident permit.

I filed the I-130 petition in GZ on April 19, and it wasapproved on April 22.

"Notice of Approval" was mailed form the consulate on April 25.

We received in the regular mail in Shenzhen the on April 27.

There was no File Number on the letter. Not that we need one I guess, since that part had been approved.

Since then, we haven't heard anything. Almost 7 weeks.

I have emailed the Immigration Visa Unit via the GCI Stanly email mask.

Their first reply was asking for the case number, which we obviously do not have and I clearly stated that in the boby of the email.

Sent another email and the response was they looked up the beneficiary's information but did not find anything in the system and to contact the NVC.

i sent an email to the NVC via their email system and they were of no assistance either. It appears they are not even aware of the process for the DCF and the entire process being within the consulate.

I do not know who to call or where to proceed from here.

It was our understanding that the DCF process is rather quick.

Any idea where I should proceed from here?

Thanks,

Wayne

You filed at the GUZ consulate with the USCIS office there.It then has to be shipped (all the way of about 5 or 10 doors down the hallway) to the IV Unit. It's interesting that they're still playing those "it hasn't been processed yet" games with you. No, the NVC won't know anything about it.

All you really can do is be patient, and hope they come across it soon (don't worry - it IS there).

But you do have the move to the new consulate looming over you. The move is apparently the week of July 15-22, although the ACS (American Citizen Services) seems to be the only unit that has announced it so far - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45833-guz-moving/

Just an update for those interested;

Received a call yesterday afternoon from the Immigration Unit at the GZ Consulate.

She stated the EMS package, which had been mailed May 10, had been returned to them and wanted to update the address so they could resend it.

It had to be their error, as 6 weeks ago we received from the USCIS section of the GZ Consulate, the Notice of Approval to file.

W