Anyone gone thru the CRBA and passport lately?

In July or August Yuan and I will be going thru the Cirt of Birth Abroad/passport/SS card paperwork in Shanghai for our daughter.

She wanted to do it in Guz, but I am going to be very busy with the factory construction and machine install that I will not have the time to go there for a few day's. I put my foot down "which I will pay for later". So we are going to do it in Shanghai.

She keeps saying something about an exit paper that she must do in her HOKU city. I told her we can go there for a visit after things settle down here in Shanghai, and file the paperwork then.

I was wondering if anyone has gone thru the process lately and if it was as much of a pain in the arse as the whole K1 process?

I have brought a lot of information with me to help out. Dr bills from the US for her ultrasounds, Marriage license, back w-2's a few pictures of her pregnant. My college transcripts to prove I was in the USA.

In July or August Yuan and I will be going thru the Cirt of Birth Abroad/passport/SS card paperwork in Shanghai for our daughter.

She wanted to do it in Guz, but I am going to be very busy with the factory construction and machine install that I will not have the time to go there for a few day's. I put my foot down "which I will pay for later". So we are going to do it in Shanghai.

She keeps saying something about an exit paper that she must do in her HOKU city. I told her we can go there for a visit after things settle down here in Shanghai, and file the paperwork then.

I was wondering if anyone has gone thru the process lately and if it was as much of a pain in the arse as the whole K1 process?

I have brought a lot of information with me to help out. Dr bills from the US for her ultrasounds, Marriage license, back w-2's a few pictures of her pregnant. My college transcripts to prove I was in the USA.

I haven't been through the process - hopefully, you'll hear from someone who has. But from what I hear, it's simply a matter of the legwork involved. Your child is an American citizen, so she will only need to get the exit permit (a separate document that looks somewhat like a passport), and the American passport.

The exit permit is different for British citizens - any scare stories you may hear apply to them, not US citizens. For example, a new born who wants to leave the country and return must apply for the return permit in their home country, while a US citizen can get an Exit/re-entry permit.

The process is well detailed on the consulate website here: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/children-and-birth-abroad2.html

Yes will need an exit stamp for child to be able to leave China.

I tagged a few topics see below. http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/CRBA/