Beijing in Action

It's good to go to the source

Beijing taking pollution seriously, cracking down on BBQ

Pan Xiaochuan, a professor at Peking University's School of Public Health, said the smoke from barbeques is a very common source of PM2.5, or particulate matter with a diameter smaller than 2.5 micrometers, and poses a serious threat to people's respiratory systems.

He also suggested that residents are easily irritated by barbeque smoke close to their windows.

Operators of illegal barbeques face fines of up to 5,000 yuan ($813) and may have their facilities confiscated, authorities said.

. . .

The government also warned of the dangers associated with barbecuing in the forest and the city's parks.

Beijing's Wonderland amusement park demolished

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/278820/slide_278820_2063567_free.jpg

This is NOT the same park as this one:

Disney is too far to go, please come to Shijianshan! (去迪士尼太远,请来石景山游乐园!) Location Shijingshan District, Beijing, China

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Beijing_Shijingshan_Amusement_Park.JPG/800px-Beijing_Shijingshan_Amusement_Park.JPG

Say it ain't so Joe, Shirley you jest? No more BBQ????? Can't they just limit the number of cars and go back to rickshaws???

Oh well, instead of a 14 hour flight I'll jes have to drive down to Greensboro, NC for my BBQ at Stamies. Lord God, what will they do next?

And now, I'm hong-ary for some hickory smoked BBQ....baby, throw some clothes in the car, we got us a 5 hour drive down to my brothers house in Norf Cackalaca, if'n we leave now we can eat a late lunch. hehehe My first wife and I once road our Harley from Harlpers Ferry, WVA down to Greensboro in November to eat at Stamies.

Well, so long BBQ in ol' Bejing, it was fun while it lasted. I hope they don't stop it in Fushun....lol

tsap seui

Tsap, I'll wager that Beijing BBQ ain't the same as what you get at Stamie's. It may be cooked on the grill, but it ain't good ol' southern BBQ. Now if'in you want some fine BBQ, come on down this awaze and I'll show you some places that will send yore tastebuds straight to orgasm town. There's a little place over in Lynchburg, TN, about a half-mile from the Jack Daniels distillery that has some mighty fine BBQ. And nestled back in a holler about ten miles from my place, there's an old black guy has a shack with two 55 gallon drums cut in half and welded together, on which he has put grills. He has em filled up with some of the finest hickory this side of the Smokies and folks come from miles around, just to buy BBQ from this ol feller. He's got a couple of filthy old Irish Setters with matted hair and ticks as big as tumors hanging off of em, and the place don't even get a ratin' from the health department, cause like the bootleggers, he is too good for the local economy to shut down.

Edited by Mick (see edit history)