Airport change from New York LaGuardia(LGA) to New York Kennedy(JFK

Well for the past week i have been searching the web for tickets from Cleveland to Chongqing.

(I'm about to pull my hair our!!)

What i have found so far is a wide range of prices.

Any where from 1400 to 5000.

Of course the 1400$ tickets require an airport change.

(See topic title)

There is about a 2 1/2 hours layover that would let us transfer airports.

My question is: Has anyone ever done this transfer before? LGA to JFK.

and is this time frame within reason?

Mike

You could look into a multi city ticket. If you are willing to have a night near arport. You can arrive in JFK one day and pick a flight out the next? Or do what I had to do.

For my current trip I booked 1 round trip ticket BUF-HKG, with a month gap from arrival to departure. Then I booked a second ticket HKG-HYD that fit into the gap. I was able to save 2100 dollars by doing this instead of booking multi city tickets. You should be able to use a low cost carrier from Clevland to NYC. Then make a long layover for the jump to China. The only hassle about this is on my flight back to the states I have to go thru Hong kong Immigration get my bags check them back in with another carrier then go thru exit immigration. I planned a 5 hour layover to accomplish this. So I should have plenty of time

rw - corrected sp.

Well as luck would have it i found some tickets without a airport change.

Also not to sure why but the tickets i bought are cheaper if traveling on a Saterday.

3 round trip tickets from cleveland to chongqing only 4196.70$ taxes and fees included.

We leave 4/27/13 and return 5/11/13

cle-lax-pek-ckg with only a 3.5 hour layover total trip.

Not bad if i say so myself.

Not bad Mike. It's looking like "regular" tickets in the offseason have changed from the old dayz of $800 to $1200-$1400, with some lucky random price finds a tad lower.

Guest ExChinaExpat

You'd be better off to fly directly to Shanghai, and change planes there for Chongqing. There are very few direct international flights to Chongqing. Once you get to China, there are more options available. If not Shanghai, then try Hong Kong, or Beijing.

• Like 1

You'd be better off to fly directly to Shanghai, and change planes there for Chongqing. There are very few direct international flights to Chongqing. Once you get to China, there are more options available. If not Shanghai, then try Hong Kong, or Beijing.

Yep, that is what I would do when I traveled to China a few times, fly into Shanghai and out of Beijing, to set that up use "Multi City" option on United or other airline sites, so that could set up various domestic options.

The thing is, Cleveland don't fly directly anywhere unless ya want to pay out the ass.

I don't see anything wrong with the tickets i bought and are the cheapest i found for our time frame.

We have 3 people traveling.

3 round trip tickets from cleveland to chongqing only 4196.70$ taxes and fees included.

We leave 4/27/13 and return 5/11/13

cle-lax-pek-ckg with only a 3.5 hour layover total trip

Plus we are going through Beijing (pek)

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

• 1 month later...