Need help with my husband's tax problem

I was in the same situation just a few months ago when I DCF filed my wifes I-130 in Beijing. I had been living in China for years without filing taxes because I wasn't aware that I needed to. If your husband hasn't had an income of approximately $90,000 for any of the years that he hasn't filed then he can probably file without penalty.

In the end I had an accountant here in Beijing file the taxes for me at a cost of approximately $1,000 (a bit more than $300 per year). Since the firm I used charged by the year I only had them file for the three years I needed to satisfy the requirements of the petition. The forms required can be downloaded from the IRS government site but good luck figuring out which ones are needed. I could give you a list from the copies of my tax returns but, honestly, my advice would be to just have an accountant handle it for you.

I'm not sure where you're located but the Beijing US embassy site has this list of services: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/china/197340/PDF/ChinaTaxPreparers.pdf

Thank you so much for your reply. We live in Guangzhou, but we don't know if there is such a firm we can use here. Do you mind giving me the firm's name? If the service doesn't cost too much we probably will prefer using their service. Thx again!

I was in the same situation just a few months ago when I DCF filed my wifes I-130 in Beijing. I had been living in China for years without filing taxes because I wasn't aware that I needed to. If your husband hasn't had an income of approximately $90,000 for any of the years that he hasn't filed then he can probably file without penalty.

In the end I had an accountant here in Beijing file the taxes for me at a cost of approximately $1,000 (a bit more than $300 per year). Since the firm I used charged by the year I only had them file for the three years I needed to satisfy the requirements of the petition. The forms required can be downloaded from the IRS government site but good luck figuring out which ones are needed. I could give you a list from the copies of my tax returns but, honestly, my advice would be to just have an accountant handle it for you.

I'm not sure where you're located but the Beijing US embassy site has this list of services: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/china/197340/PDF/ChinaTaxPreparers.pdf

Thank you so much for your reply. We live in Guangzhou, but we don't know if there is such a firm we can use here. Do you mind giving me the firm's name? If the service doesn't cost too much we probably will prefer using their service. Thx again!

Oh, never mind, i just opened the link you gave. sorry

• 4 months later...

THANKS to tinformation given by the member above, my husband picked a compsny in shanghai that did the taxes for him, we paid 4500rmb for three years tax paper. now i already passes my interview.