Urkidding

As another point in this morbid discussion.

Did you guys know that life insurance companies don't pay unless you request payment from them?

I guess that makes sense, but I kind of thought there would be some notification that would cause a check to be sent to the survivor, but noooo, if no one asks, they don't pay.

Yeah, you must contact the insurance company and will need to send them a copy of the death certificate, they won't trust you if you don't. I guess they have been scammed by the Chinese tea tasting scam one too many times....LOL Oh yeah, you will need the deceased's SS number and date of birth too, so put that on your bucket list....kicked the bucket list as it were for the lil' lady to do.

tsap seui

What I did was change my insurance to have her name and then sent an email and had the discussion even though she did not like to discuss death. I explained this is how we do it here. I gave her user IDs and passwords too. If I check out I am sure my daughter or some relative will inform her. Kids would hae to due to property and such. Don't have an ITIN for her yet, but insurance allowed benficiary without it. I just listed the address, which is a little mix with my zip code and such, but oh well.

What I did was change my insurance to have her name and then sent an email and had the discussion even though she did not like to discuss death. I explained this is how we do it here. I gave her user IDs and passwords too. If I check out I am sure my daughter or some relative will inform her. Kids would hae to due to property and such. Don't have an ITIN for her yet, but insurance allowed benficiary without it. I just listed the address, which is a little mix with my zip code and such, but oh well.

The reason I made the file with all the information in it, and then just gave out information about the file location was:

1) It lets me keep passwords etc. private until it is needed

2) It lets me add or update the data over time without having to re-send the information.

My wife is not so much wont discuss, as she just doesn't want to be bothered with all the details of our finances.

She says she married an IT guy so she wouldn't have to deal with this stuff.