how quick do vaccinations need to be completed

DougB

hello everyone. my wife ping is stateside now and we were wondering how quick her final vaccinations needed to be done. she got several in guangzhou, It takes a little time adding her to the health insurance and it would be great if we had till after the first of the year.

My wife never did the second set, instead she got tested for immunity (Titer tests) the test showed enough anti-bodies to satisfy the college she later attended here in the states.

As for immigrations, the vaccinations need to satisfy the consulate, and if adjusting status from a K-Visa in the states, they need to satisfy a US Civil surgeon.

In your case, it is recommended to either do the titer tests, or get the second round a month or so after the first round done in China.

Do all vaccine series have to be completed before vaccination requirements are fulfilled?

For vaccines requiring a series, only a single dose is required for immigration purposes. However, the Civil Surgeon should check the “insufficient time interval” box on the I-693 Form, and also advise the applicant to complete the series in the future.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination-faqs.html#1