Picturesque China You Haven't Seen Before

Randy, thanks so much for posting this. Breathtaking is about the only word I can use to describe some of those shots. I miss China so much. The five years I spent there were so special and I would like nothing more than to go back for an extended visit. Alas, my health won't allow for such an extended time in plane. Maybe I can investigate that proverbial "slow boat to China." :rolleyes:

Some of my own pictures around eastern Guangxi

http://candleforlove...astern-guangxi/

The move, The Painted Veil (2006) was filmed in Huangyao. The top picture was from the movie.

The director did not want to build a set for the cholera-stricken village, instead seeking out an untouched parcel of land in China. He found Huang Yao, which served as the location for the village. The director described the location, "Even the Chinese crew members were amazed at the place we found... It was like going back in time."

gallery_1846_632_764241.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 11 months later...

10 Hidden Places for Your Future Trip in China

Are you curious about exploring hidden places that not every traveler knows about? Often, we hear about the most popular attractions to visit, but what about those hidden gems no one talks about? Here we have put together a list of the hidden spots in China that perhaps will amaze you even more.

from ExpatHolidays web site

Furong-Ancient-Town-in-china.jpg
Furong Ancient Town (Hunan Province)

Puzhehei-Scenic-Resort-yunnan-china.jpg
Puzhehei Scenic Resort (Yunnan Province)

Wulong-Karst-Geological-Park-china-1197x
Wulong Karst Geological Park (Sichuan Province)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)