Okay, I found out I am Radish

A bright red, rotund vegetable, yeah that's me! Inspired by Fu Lai's post, I was intrigued to find out what my Chinese name was from back in the ancient days of 2001 when I went to Dalian where Ping and I were married. Everyone among her relatives was very kind to me, and I fell in love with her mother, but it seems that Ping's cousin's mother made up a slightly insulting, if accurate, Chinese name for me. Admittedly, I am somewhat round in shape and I do have a redder face and neck than most people, but to call me Radish was not too gratifying for me to find out was my Chinese name when I asked Ping the other day. Later I realized that it was kind of inevitable because the chinafication of my name Robert is pronounced luo-bo-te (which I had to learn to write in Chinese for our marriage certificate), and the name of a radish is luo-bo (different characters) so therefore I was labeled to be a slightly spicy, somewhat underappreciated root vegetable. Oh well, Ping's family name means ginger.......