invitation letter for visa?

bamaguy_77

There is a topic running since July in the Middle Kingdom Forum... http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44937-effective-as-of-aug-1-a-new-visa-requirement/

Has to do with the Communist Party Elections this month in China, I know the invite letter requirement probably will be dropped a month or so after they have their elections.

The same thing happened 4 years ago before the Beijing Olympics.

i did not remember having to do this the last time i went to china years ago. She wanted to visit soon, purchase a ticket and all. Do we now have to wait for her parents to write a letter and send copies of their id's and crap? It takes forever to get anything from china now.

Could we maybe just write a letter ourselves? Seems stupid to have things messed up like this now. She will be staying with them.

Edited by bamaguy_77 (see edit history)

Letter needs to originate in China, recommended to have a copy of national ID attached.

In the past I used a travel agent in China to handle things like hotels and domestic flights, they would send me an invite letter for use when applying for a visa.

i did not remember having to do this the last time i went to china years ago. She wanted to visit soon, purchase a ticket and all. Do we now have to wait for her parents to write a letter and send copies of their id's and crap? It takes forever to get anything from china now.

Could we maybe just write a letter ourselves? Seems stupid to have things messed up like this now. She will be staying with them.

If she's still a Chinese citizen, have your wife write it. If she's no longer a Chinese citizen, have one of her Chinese relatives send you one by email, along with a copy of their Chinese ID.

Don't make this any more complicated than it is.

• Like 1

really? I did not know email would work. The visa agency said it had to be postmaked and include proof of residence. I am so dang confused. What exactly will i need from them and does anyone have a good sample letter? Also does the letter need to be english or chinese? They only speak chinese, did not know if it would need certified translation.

Can be in Chinese, the visa agency tends to be run by Chinese, and it is being delivered to the Chinese consulate, guess what they understand Chinese there too.

If family, can be a simple letter inviting family to visit, detailing anticipated date of arrival and anticipated departure. Proof of residence is a photo copy of national ID.

They should be fine with a scanned letter that was emailed and then printed out, the times I used a travel agency in China, that was what they sent me.

really? I did not know email would work. The visa agency said it had to be postmaked and include proof of residence. I am so dang confused. What exactly will i need from them and does anyone have a good sample letter? Also does the letter need to be english or chinese? They only speak chinese, did not know if it would need certified translation.

The visa agencies are confused, and simply pass that along to you. No envelope is required (hence, no postmark). Deal with the consulate directly, if that's reasonable, or find another visa agency if you can't get them them to take your application. Some haven't been up to date on this policy (or have been overly restrictive) which was effective as of Aug. 1.

Yes, the proof of residence is simply a copy of the Chinese ID.

The policy is not intended to make things difficult for us, it is intended to weed out those who might overstay, or work illegally.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It is being delivered to the Chinese consulate, guess what they understand Chinese there too.

I kind of figured they understood Chinese there, sorry if I came across as being that stupid.

All of the sample letters i saw were in English, I just wanted to be sure that wasn't because they needed one that way.

• Like 1