Refresh my memory please

I'm sure I used to know this but can't remember now:

Lily has a chinese passport with her maiden name and green card with married last name.

She will fly to China via Hong Kong soon. what name do i make her reservation in.

thanks,

hank

Always book airline tickets using primary international ID (Passport Name)

Upon leaving China, the authorities recognize the green-card as allowing re-entry to the USA, some carry a photo copy of a document showing how name changed from maiden to married (Copy of marriage cert if it shows this)

Last trip for my wife to China, all she has was passport in maiden name and green-card showing married name, and nothing else, and had no problems leaving China.

Always book airline tickets using primary international ID (Passport Name)

Upon leaving China, the authorities recognize the green-card as allowing re-entry to the USA, some carry a photo copy of a document showing how name changed from maiden to married (Copy of marriage cert if it shows this)

Last trip for my wife to China, all she has was passport in maiden name and green-card showing married name, and nothing else, and had no problems leaving China.

The marriage certificate, at least in Texas, will show only the maiden name for the wife. Even so, it will usually be recognized as proof of the name change.

The green card is used ONLY for re-entry to the U.S. No problem there, but, when boarding the plane, they will want to see the green card as proof that she will be admitted to the U.S. This is where the marriage certificate may come in handy.

Hankester was a K-3 years ago, so I suspect wife's passport and green-card still shows maiden name as per Chinese custom, unless she legally changed name in the states and then got green-card replaced with one with married name, either by an I-90 or when removing conditions.

Hankester was a K-3 years ago, so I suspect wife's passport and green-card still shows maiden name as per Chinese custom, unless she legally changed name in the states and then got green-card replaced with one with married name, either by an I-90 or when removing conditions.

Yes - O.P. - "Lily has a chinese passport with her maiden name and green card with married last name."

I wasn't thinking when I made ChunMei's reservations and made them in her maiden name. The only issue she had was going through TSA security at DIA, where they wanted to see a photo ID with a name that matched her ticket. She showed her green card with her married name on it and everything was fine. Same when she went through security at LAX. But otherwise no problems.