Routers , wireless routers, and streaming videos, and such things

Hi, I just was watching QVC. Their Electronic Connection show. They were selling a RCA streaming media player for about 60 bucks. I am trying to figure what they are about. Are they worth the money and if there are any issues? The only streaming that I have done is a little You Tube and I used to watch some old western TV's shows at work during lunch.

I read Tony's post on his M121. There was some good information there but it raised some questions for me. It sound like a great way to get a better selection of Chinese programs for our Lao Po's who are in the US. It is also freeing up our PC's and putting the shows up on the TV's. I thinking also it centrally locating all the Chinese programs and giving a larger selection then what is available on our PC'S. Is that correct? Is there a downside or limitations to those type of boxes? Except for perhaps the intial cost I don't see any.

If we have high speed internet and a wireless router, is there going to a speed problem? In our house we got a lot of things that can access the internet. We must have about 4 or 5 PC, 5 laptops, a smart TV, a couple of IPad, a Kindle, an adroid tablet and at least 3 smartphones. When I start to list our internet connected stuff it makes me wonder that we don't overload the circuits downtown. It seems like we have a have a lot of digital stuff. Our router is about 4 years old. I wonder if needs to be upgraded somehow. Speed or data bits per seconds or something? What do you all think? Danb