Karaoke system?

rst

Hi! My wife would like a karaoke system for when we entertain. Didn't know the first thing about them, but after a little research today I guess I can say I understand the basics. Anyone have any recommendations? I see you can get some systems pre-loaded with lots of Chinese songs. Are these worth the uplifted price, versus building your own library? Any systems just perfect for a night of Chinese/American karaoke? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Check in shops in a China town if you live near one, we bought a Karoke DVD player a couple years ago in the Toronto China town, it came with a disk that has several thousand tunes. I have seen some as simple as a microphone that connects to TV, and the Mic contains a small computer with tunes built in.

This looks great ... thanks for the link.

For about $100 more looks like I can get the newest model with HDMI output, wireless mics and other features like voice recording. Seems worth it to me. Would others agree?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_5584wt_1270

Yes, the one I bought for my wife did not have mics, ended up dropping about $60 at radio shack for a couple good uni-directional mics.