Hi guys, I stumbled on this site through the vast interweb. First time poster here.

I applied for K1 visa for my fianc¨¦, and have been notified my petition has been approved. On the notice, it says my file has been sent to Shanghai. I realized I made a mistake on the application for not thoroughly checking that K1 visa is only processed at Guangzhou. So my question is will my petition get forwarded automatically to Guangzhou? I appreciate your replys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my fiance received her packet 3 today! I'm very excited and feel blessed that it didn't take nearly as long as I thought. It's only been 2 weeks.

One question came up, the consulate requires a I-864 and I-134 form. The wording in the letter is not very clear as to who should fill out what. From my understanding, I should complete the I-864 and she should complete the I-134. Can you anyone confirm this for me? Thanks a bunch!

Yep, I-134 is for non-immigrant visas, K-Visa is a non-immigrant visa, later after marriage when adjusting status from non-immigrant to immigrant you will need to provide the I-864 to sponsor the green-card.

CR-1 and IR-1 spouse visas use I-864 because they are an immigrant that will get a green-card upon arrival in the USA.