Afternoon everyone,

Yuan And filed for her AOS, EAD and AP at the same time. Her Biometrics appointment is on Aug 1, 3 weeks from mailing date.

My question is, the Appointment letter has the I485 and I765 application Numbers on it. But does not list the I-131. Is this going to be a problem? The I-131 is the most important part of the process for us to get completed ASAP.

Thanks for your time.

There is no BIO for the I-131 because is is just a letter of permission to travel while AOS is pending.

I-485 (Green-Card) I-765 (EAD) Have photos on them so need a biometric.

Also, I think I have seen that USCIS has been Combining the EAD and AP into a combined document, when applied for together.

I have seen that as well, With the impending Move for work, I am getting a little paranoid about the AP.

The greencard interview if we have one will not be an issue. I will put a clause in my contract that they will pay for our flights back for the interview. besides after 3 or 4 weeks in the remote location I will be in we will need some sanity. One hour by car to go shopping, 5 and a half hours by car to a city with a mall. Only 4 hours by train but I have been advised by former citizens that I do not want to travel by train, or car, Elephant rides are ok though. lol.

Thanks DAN

Edited by ama537621 (see edit history)

One more thing to bake your noodle, I have seen posts where China exit control has issues with green-card extension letters issued when a person removes conditions on a 2 year green-card, I wonder how they handle AP documents.

I have seen them refuse exit on an extension letter wanting to see either a green-card, I-551 stamp, or a visa, and not accept extension letter.

If I were in this situation I probably would not travel with just an AP doc, my wife did not visit China until 3 years after arriving.

That should not be a problem. We will not be going to China until she has her 2 year green card. Unless she has a family emergency. India should not be a problem for her with the AP document. Also We will file for an I-131 on the day of our interview for the green card, or when the green card arrives whichever is first.

I do not know if we can do that as an add on to the interview or if we have to mail it in and wait for it.

I think you file for Travel Doc (I-131) when you have residency status, have green-card, you can always ask at interview.

If AOS from K-1, and case is moved to California Service Center, odds are there will be no interview.