Sleepy travelers happy to be in sleeping box

Very neat idea, if you have ever done a long layover in an airport, you may like this idea. Way better than trying to take a nap in an airport chair.

On a tour of China I have visited this airport in Xi'an

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/SleepBox.jpg

Photo of the Day: Passengers walk past the mini hotels in Xi'an Xianyang International Airport, Xi'an, Shaanxi province, July 10, 2012. Mini hotel in the Terminal 3 of Xi'an airport opens for business Tuesday. Each room covers an area of three square meters and is equipped with bed, digital TV, laptop desk and a socket. It also has wireless Internet access. [Photo/Xinhua]

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/epaper/attachement/jpg/site1/20120712/0013729e477111685c8900.jpg

A worker at Xi'an Xianyang International Airport, Shaanxi province, shows a sleeping box on Tuesday. Dong Liang / for China Daily

Zhang Zhenyu, a 40-year-old businessman from Shanghai, was sound asleep on Wednesday morning in a sleeping box at Xi'an Xianyang International Airport.

"I was on a business trip here and worked through the night. I'm flying to Beijing for a conference and I felt so tired, so I am pleased to have had a sleep in the box," Zhang told China Daily.

Seven travelers, including Zhang, have used the "sleep boxes" since they began operating on Tuesday, said Dong Liang, the airport official behind the service.

The sleep boxes are made to look like a small wooden house and contain a single bed, a TV, a desk, a reading light and wireless Internet. But there is no toilet inside.

"The floor area of the sleep box is about 3 square meters with a height of 2.7 meters," Dong said.

The airport started the service after being inspired by a similar program at the Moscow airport that has been operating since September.

"Our airport is the first to provide such services in China. Although only seven passengers have used them since they have been put into operation, I think they will prove popular," Dong said.

MORE: http://usa.chinadail...nt_15573248.htm

I could even see them in the major hub airports in the states.

• Like 1

Wonder how tall they are? And can you turn sideways and bend your knees?

Now, I wonder when one will be a rockin?

What about climate control? Even alone it might get pretty hot in there.

Do them'air boxes come with the lil' black haired ladies or do you pay extra for them?

I kin see the potential fer an enterprisin' feller with a name like Super Fly, or a woman with a name like Madam Nhu to make themselves some good money with these here "Fun n' Sleep" boxes. I kin jes see a Come n' Go franchise in the makin's. Businessmen's could have a layover in LA say, and it would be literal.

If'n you see this box ah rockin' don't come ah knockin'

LOL...good one Mick.

Wanna go into business? I say we buy us'in some of these boxes, hell I can build them to our own specs for that matter, (a lil' plywood and a few 2X8's for stability along with a ball hook with grease fittings for the terlet seat to spin on in center of the ceiling...yer good to go). We'll get us some oversize velvet hats change our names to Super Fly and Blow Fly, find us some enterprisin' gals, and the sky is the limit I tells ya.

The hallways in every major airport with be vibrating from rockin' boxes!!!!

A name for the business....tap, tap, tap....Hmmm....only thang I can thank of is "Ride'em Cowboy" or "Spin n' Go"....you got any idears?

I'm gonna call Dulles International airport first thing in the mornin', see if they'd be interested in any... ah..."sleep boxes" ...cough cough.

tsap seui

Were a day, Mr. Tsapper, (1965/66) when the dedicated highway to Dulles International was a party unto isself. --- the airport was just completed, but about 3 international flights a night came in (nobody wanted to land that far away from DC) --- On the Dulles access road, some teens were known to reach speeds in excess of 100 mph ---passing beers between cars... Any thin' went on in the huge empty terminal --- an era before security cameras --- and on the white 'information' phones, you could call in the music you wanted to hear over the intercom (within limits ) ---and dance to that until the (Air France) flight arrived around midnight.

LOL....you guys had the "toll road" as it became and up in Maryland we had River Road out around Potomac. Some guys had scanners and when the Montgomery County police called River Road in you could race another 15 or 20 minutes then leave. Some guys would literally tow real drag cars out to River Road to race with. What some times, eh buddy?

Want in on this sex in airports enterprise? We could play music too....LOL

tsap seui